Cheap protein powder

Gloria-Caryl
on 8/8/11 8:11 am
 I forgot to ask where I can buy protein powder without having to take out a loan. I have to pay 20.00 for a jug at wal-mart. Is there any cheaper somewhere?
Duck_Girl
on 8/8/11 8:23 am
Unfortunately one of the downsides to the surgery is keeping the protein up which usually entails buying protein powder or drinks.

For 29.99 you can get a 3lb bag at Costco that lasts much longer than the walmart ones for me.

Sparklegigi
on 8/8/11 8:46 am - La Verne, CA
I think you may need to re-think the cheap.  You will want a good protein for the rest of your life, I use Isopure zero carb vanilla and add flavoring.

I would never scrimp on my protein.  I have tried about 8 different brands and this is my personal favorite.  I pay quite a bit, 43.99 on sale at GNC, but I know my body needs the good stuff.

petiteposies
on 8/9/11 11:26 am - FL
You pay 43.99 on sale for what?  how many shakes are in there and how much protein in each?   Sam
Emily F.
on 8/8/11 10:04 am
The Body Fortress I buy at Walmart is $14.98 for 2 lb and you can print a $1 off coupon off facebook. There are 5 lb bags at SAm's Club. That's as cheap as you are going to find.
Dave Chambers
on 8/8/11 10:09 am - Mira Loma, CA
There are post op expenses, period. I'd never source the cheapest product out there, as the quality may not be there. Be sure  to look for whey isolate protein powder, but it's more expensive than soy protein, etc.  Really $20 is pretty cheap for a jug of protein powder.  You need good vitamins.  Get a dry D3. DO NOT buy the CHEAP form of D3 in the softgels. They have oil in them and you won't get full benefit of the D3.  But calcium citrate, NO OTHER KIND. This is the more costly form of caclcium too.  You'll need high protein food soucres, and these foods cost more than junk foods.  I used to buy the Isopure every month at $40 or a little more per jug.  The surgery alone won't solve your health and wt issues. Following protocol is necessary, whi*****lude these somewhat pricier items.  Dave

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Ladytazz
on 8/8/11 3:59 pm, edited 8/8/11 3:59 pm
I found a site that had whey isolate pretty inexpensive so I ordered some samples.  They were real reasonable, like $1 each and I got 10.  I liked them so I decided to order a big jug of unflavored to add to things.  I found a coupon and bought 20 lbs, which cost me about $100 with shipping.  That adds up to about $5 a pound.  I can use up to 6 lbs a month so this will really save me a lot.  I didn't want to get a flavored kind because I knew I would get sick of it so I figured I could use the unflavored and flavor it anyway I like, not to mention adding it to other things like soups.
I haven't tried the unflavored yet so I may have made an expensive mistake but I figured if their flavored samples were so good the unflavored should be, too.  I generally like unflavored whey isolate no matter what the brand so I am sure it will work out.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Gloria-Caryl
on 8/9/11 12:04 am
    Butt, you forgot to tell us the name of the site
Ladytazz
on 8/9/11 1:06 am
http://www.americanpurewhey.com/whey-isolate-01.html
I used the coupon code MOM and got 20% off.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

petiteposies
on 8/9/11 11:30 am - FL
Share where....please...the 20# deal for 100$
Thank you...Samantha
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1399 views