OT- Time for a New Job

Becca20015
on 8/10/11 12:32 am
I work for a law firm and there is mold growing on the ceiling.  The owner of the firm came in yesterday and was like it isn't wet and left out.  UMMMM  from my understanding MOLD wet or dry can be harmful.   I am going to go up and ask him about his plan of action to take care of this. If the answer is unacceptable then I am on my out.  I am so pissed right not.  Sorry for the vent and thanks for letting me.
(deactivated member)
on 8/10/11 12:42 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Is he the owner of the building?  Maybe the local Health Department could be a help. 

Do something pro-active.  Get a printout of the problems with mold, then a contractor's
estimate of a repair, then present this to the owner.  Ask him if he's willing to compromise
his own health as well as those of his employees. Let him look at it and make his decision,
then make yours.  There's no need to be nasty, but firm is good.

Good luck.
martitalinda
on 8/10/11 12:53 am
I am sorry your are experiencing this at your workplace .... I am Ditto-ing Lynn's response.  

Should your pro-active approach suggested by Lynn not accomplish the desired result (getting rid of the mold or source of) and this still remains a concern I would contact the State/Building Code/Health Department ... they will come out and inspect and enforce repairs/corrections of any violations especially anything that would put any ones life/well being at risk.

Wish you prompt and best resolution to this problem....

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

Island Girl
on 8/10/11 7:09 am - VI
http://www.osha.gov/html/RAmap.html Click on where you live and get the number of the regional office. You are being exposed to hazardous airborne contaminants.
I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand ,
        Not a worry in the world, a cold beer in my hand
               Life is good today. Life is good today.
Becca20015
on 8/11/11 12:35 pm
Thank you all for your responses.  The problem has been fixed.   I am glad it was taken care of and other measures were not needed. 
Most Active