What to do?

lucylou
on 8/13/11 2:34 pm - Canada
I haven't been on the board for awhile, but I have always come to it when I feel down or need some advice or answers.

I had my RNY surgery in Jan 2008. I was 276 when I had it and got down to 149. I then became pregnant and had a wonderful baby boy in Dec 2009. I gained weight while I was pregnant and am now 194. I can't stand myself and feel like such a failure.I had post partum depression after my son was born also. I am on antidepressants for it still. I can't seem to lose this weight no matter what I do. I am going to see my doctor in Ontario in the next couple of months.

I feel like I need a revision done. It doesn't even like the "tool" is working anymore, since I had my baby. I loved the tool and it worked so well with me and I was so happy.. I got a taste of the skinnier life and loved it. I now miss it.

I am also really anemic, but I work on that everyday with the vitamins.

Do you think, I could get a revision or am I just being silly. My doctor doesn't do revisions and so I will have to go to a different doctor. I don't know what to do..

Laurie
JudiJudi T
on 8/13/11 2:54 pm

Have you tried going back to basics?  Protein first, lots of water, etc, etc.  What does a typical day of eating look like for you?  Are you exercising?  

There is a group here for people trying to get back on track .. they could help too.

Don't give up .. it worked once, I bet you can get it to work again!  

Before/after pic in my profile.  
Surgery: Dec 2009, lost 100 lbs

Elizabeth N.
on 8/13/11 3:22 pm - Burlington County, NJ
That is a good chunk of weight gain and I can well imagine it's very distressing.

Listen, first you need to get yourself in good health before anything else. You need to get your nutritional status up to par. Please contact Vitalady (and don't expect too fast of a response, as they have been on the road for a very long time and are struggling to get home after their trouble-laden VitaTour 2011; they are wayyyyy loaded up with correspondence and are working on it as they go) and get her input about what to do with yourself supplementwise. You need to get the anemia well managed and otherwise get into excellent nutritional status.

(This is likely to have a beneficial effect on the depression stuff. You need to work on healing that, too, cuz there's loads more to it than being miserable because you gained weight.)

Once you're in better health and a better frame of mind, then it's time to reassess what might be doable. You might find that you can do a lot more with your tool the way it is than you thought.

Most Active