Im 20 days post op and nothing is staying down help please help!

dladycole
on 8/15/11 5:49 am - west columbia, SC
I had Rny on 7/26/2021 and everything was fine up until about a week ago. I now throw up all the time! I'm never hungry when I do feel like I can eat .... Everything comes back up. Now I feel like I'm running out of options and energy. All this talk about protein and how can I get some? Im losing wait I've lost about 30lbs but I'm not eating so this is worrying me! The only thing I can keep down is POP sickles and I'm sick of them .... I'm wondering if I'm dehydrated from not being able to keep food in. I also think I nay be frothing because I throw up a lot of clear spit! It try drinking ho****er before meal but it don't seam to be working for me..... If you know any thing that would help please let me know. I feel like I'm just drying up. I want to be able to live life not be such all the time and not have energy to do any thing in life. How long is this process? How do I get the protein in and keep it there? Any and all advice will be greatly appreciate.... Thank you for reading and responding in advance! God bless you my Oh family !

HW247/ SW233/ CW197.8/GW125    
Tammy0822
on 8/15/11 5:56 am - Kings Park, NY
 call  your DOCTOR!!!!

SW:220 HW:267 CW:152 GW:120

dladycole
on 8/15/11 6:02 am - west columbia, SC
Ok, I was just going to wait until my dr. Appointment on Friday but I will call! Thank you so much !

Karen P.
on 8/15/11 6:01 am
You could have a stricture...call your doctor.

dladycole
on 8/15/11 6:09 am - west columbia, SC
What is that? And how do you get it?

Mia H.
on 8/15/11 6:16 am - OH
 Are you drinking protein drinks?  They help this early out to get all your protein.  It's very difficult (well at least for me) to get all my protein with food alone when I was 20 days post op.  Definitely would give your doctor's office a call just to be sure.

You can post this on the RNY forum as well and may get more answers especially from the vets and other newbies.  http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/

Mary Catherine
on 8/15/11 6:18 am, edited 8/15/11 6:19 am
 A stricture is when the opening of the pouch that empties into the intestines becomes too narrow.  Think about pouring water into a funnel when the bottom of the funnel is blocked up.  The water would run over the top instead of going through the funnel.

This is also sort of like when someone has pierced ears and does not wear earrrings for a while and their earring hole closes up.  You can stick an earring in there and open it up again.

The doctor can put a scope in to open up the stricture.  It is quick and easy.  Call the doctor and explain what is happening and tell him you want it to be fixed.
(deactivated member)
on 8/15/11 7:47 am - Santa Cruz, CA
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL FRIDAY.  I hope you have called your surgeon and spoken to them by now.

A stricture is caused by your surgical site healing too small, or even closed.  It is easily fixed by an
outpatient procedure, but you'll need someone to take you there and back as it calls for some pretty
strong "happy juice".

Good luck.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1145 views