alcohol

kasimonson10
on 8/17/11 12:19 pm - Cameron, SC
Ok so I am 9 months out and have lost 118 pounds. I am going ot be in a wedding Oct 1 I wonder what the effect of alcohol is on us RHYers. I am not a big drinker but since I am the MOH I ahve to say a toast to the bride and groom. I am not sure how wine or champiagn will affect me. Any advice is helpful.
Kimberly Simonson  HW285/ SW265   / CW 168/ GW 140.....5ft 2 in              
Elizabeth N.
on 8/17/11 12:51 pm - Burlington County, NJ
RNYers, in particular, can have some very bizarre reactions to alcohol. How about using a sparkling juice for the toast instead?

DivineMs.M
on 8/17/11 12:52 pm
I had some at a wedding less than a year, not a good experience for me. Terrible dumping--- the second was recently, a strawberry dacari, I got a stomach ache. Some people do and are just fine. My system does not like it at all. Use caution.
hollykim
on 8/17/11 1:13 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Use a glass of water instead. If you can't do straight wter esp after a meal,just lift it to your lips like you are drinking,nobody will ever know.
H

Sam I Am
on 8/17/11 2:09 pm - Raleigh, NC
Since the surgery I find that I feel the effects of even small quantities of alcohol much quicker, though the effects do not seem to last as long. 
Sam Iama
15 months and 200lbs, its my life and i'm back! Check out my blog.

PatXYZ
on 8/18/11 12:18 am
Even thoughit dioesn't 'feel' like it lasts as long, studies show that the alcohol concentration in a post-op RNYers blood is both higher and longer lasting. You could be hit with a DUI for driving after a single drink so if you're consuming ANY alcohol, never drive!
seeingthelight
on 8/18/11 1:11 am
I had a glass of wine i sipped on it all night but no issues at all
kasimonson10
on 8/18/11 2:53 am - Cameron, SC
ty everyone, I am not a drinker but my sister is having an open bar and almost insisting I drink something, I told her tomato juice....but I do have to do a toast to her and her husband so I may just do it with water ai am sure she will understand.
Kimberly Simonson  HW285/ SW265   / CW 168/ GW 140.....5ft 2 in              
Most Active