Too Skinny!! Look like I am a concentration camp victim!!

luanne711
on 8/21/11 4:10 am - Bradford, PA
ok, so I'm starting to believe what I'm hearing, but I'd like to think that my body will even out and maybe redistribute whatever body fat I might have.  Should I be worried?  I feel like I have reached my goal weight, but I also know how these things work.  I feel like I eat a lot and little meals, but my primary focus is definitely still protein, although I do get some carbs from time to time as well.,  I physically can NOT eat as much as I used to, but I know you all understand that part too. 

So, how do you maintain or allow yourself to gain just a bit?  I honestly am not proud of the way my pictures are looking esp. when I'm wearing my short sleeves.  Maybe I'm just not used to seeing myself this way?

And yeah, my lil sister who I love dearly is the one who made the concentration camp comment this morning  :(    I know she's just looking out for me and my family has been super supportive all along.  She's just being honest  :-)

I've added pics from yesterday to my profile page.   What do you all think?

p.s. I tried to upload a picture to this post but couldn't figure out how to do it short of 'searching"  ;-)
Luanne

I started WL journey on Jan 14, 2009 starting weight @ 342 

Surgery date was July 22, 2009 and started @ 310 and and my goal weight
is 150.00.                   
jengo1971
on 8/21/11 4:34 am
I don't really have much to add except to try increasing your daily intake of good fats (coconut oil, butter, bacon grease.  yep these are all good fats!).  Also eat peanut butter too.  Doing that should certainly stop unwanted wt loss.  Good luck!  ~Jennifer

hi there.  pleased to meet you.  ~jennifer                        
Jamie Z.
on 8/21/11 4:43 am - MI
Since when are butter & bacon grease good fats? Those are somng thee worst. Good fats are olive oil, nuts, HELL even canola oil is better than what was listed.

(deactivated member)
on 8/21/11 5:20 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Well, these are all good fats for the OP because of her surgery type. 

I do agree that avocados, nuts, EVOO are much better for an RNY.
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/11 1:05 pm
Acctually these fats are very good. In normal atypical. The more natural fat is the better it is tot most normal people. And some skinny people can really benefit from that. Also new studies show that other fats plus the way your body process carbs and fructose is really damaging to our system. Google that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

jengo1971
on 8/21/11 1:52 pm, edited 8/21/11 1:53 pm
Please google http://wellnessmama.com/743/guide-to-fats for some "eye opening" information on healthy fats. 

And no actually canola oil is one of the worse ones to use in cooking.

Happy reading!  ~Jennifer

Edit to add:  this was suppose to go under Jamie Z.  hope she sees this response...

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 3:21 am
Some more interesting reading on the commonly held myth of saturated fat being bad for you.. there's never been any scientific link between sat fat and heart disease.. if you follow one of the links, it goes into more detail. The two things we consume that do show a negative effect regarding heart disease- high GL/GI carbs, and trans fatty acids (partially hydrogenated oils.) 

http://www.foodrenegade.com/does-saturated-fat-cause-heart-d isease/
jengo1971
on 8/22/11 3:39 am
Yes Jo, I LOVE that blog!  It's good to know not everyone here thinks I'm nuts for encouraging people to eat saturated fat! 

Jennifer

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/11 3:55 am
It takes a lot of effort to learn about stuff like this- both the media and mainstream medical establishment do not make it easy to de-bunk a lot of the misinformation commonly held. But when you dig a bit deeper- you find a lot of it is either not backed up by any science (I am still a science gal at heart.. I don't care how wonderful it sounds, if the studies don't back it up- I'm not buying it!) or it's directly contradictory! Very odd. I still have friends that swear eating coconut oil and red meat is horribly bad for me, while they live on fake cholesterol lowering fats and eat tons of pasta and meatless meals for health reasons.. and take statins.
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/21/11 1:07 pm, edited 8/22/11 2:11 am
I also call them "good fats "

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1082 views