yesterday was my 3 yr anniversary for RNY WLS

mollypitcher08
on 8/20/11 10:21 pm
I know many people post on their "surgiversaries and for me I just wanted to say thank you first to God who prompted me to have surgery, then got me thru it safely, and to my family, who supported me all thru the process, friends and co-workers and also this forum and all it's ever so wonderful family.  Thank you all.  Ihave lost (from highest recorded weight to present) 210# and feel so much better.
 I am grateful for all I can do now, walk, even exercise! so many things! and yes there are times I wish I were thinner, prettier, richer, etc. I could go on and on but overall I am so glad I had the surgery.
 So to reiterate what so many others say on here: When/if contemplating any type of WLS make sure you investigate ALL your options!!! Ihad RNY and don't regret it however, there were other options out there that I was not aware of because my group did not do them.
I have my challenges every day, too now.  My honeymoon phase is over and now it's up to me to keep all this off which for me is prooving to be challenging.  I hope I can keep this weight off by prayer, good food choices, exercise and vitamins & proper fluid intake!  Wish me well!!!
Thanks to all of you for reading and for all of your wonderful support these past 3 years.
  I will try and do the same for others as well.  Also any suggestions/ideas on keeping weight off are always useful and helpful.  Thank you.  Mary
AnneGG
on 8/20/11 10:43 pm
Good for you!!! I'm a year+ out, and you give me inspiration for the long term.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

mollypitcher08
on 8/21/11 10:23 pm
Thank you Anne and you can do it, too and hopefully you will inspire and encourage others as you continue on your journey!
Gina 21 Years Out
on 8/20/11 10:54 pm - Burleson, TX

MARY-Happy Surgiversary!!! Thank you for posting it--it helps not only the newbies, but is a continued source of inspiration for us old vets too!!

Yes, it does get more "challenging" as the new wears off, and day-to-day takes over, but you have a new, healthy lifestyle now, and you CAN keep it forever. You obviously have the right ATTITUDE, and, as we all know-the BRAIN is our most important TOOL.

Keep rocking, girl!!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

mollypitcher08
on 8/21/11 10:26 pm
Gina: Thanks for the vote of confidence! I am so grateful to be able to move more and enjoy life! I still have miles to go yet but I will do it!  I hope I can both inspire and help others who are contemplating weight loss surgery of any kind.  THanks again!
Kathleen W.
on 8/20/11 11:46 pm - Lancaster, PA
As someone who is about to celebrate her 2 year anniversery,  I understand everything you are saying.  What ever you are doing, keep it up!!!  You are doing all the right things. That and being an inspiration to all those who are starting the wls journey.  It shows them it can be done long term..    As Mr. Spock from Star Trek would say: " Live Long and Prosper!"

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

mollypitcher08
on 8/21/11 10:34 pm
Thank you foxymama for your support and encouragement.  It does help us who have been on this journey for awhile.  Believe me, I have not been perfect all of the time!! We all fall down once in  a while! Thanks again for responding, too.  Take care and best of luck to you, too!!!
martitalinda
on 8/21/11 1:48 am
 Congratulations!!!! HAPPY SURGIVERSARY!!!!! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

mollypitcher08
on 8/21/11 10:28 pm
thank you martita: I just love all of your posts and you, too are quite an inspiration to others! Take care and thanks again for all of your support!
Janice B.
on 8/21/11 9:40 am - Misawa-chi, Japan

Hi Mary,

Congratulations and happy surgiversary!  It's all about the journey and the journey is an adventure.  May you continue in good health and happiness.  :-)

Janice

Life is too short to eat vanilla ice cream and dance with boring men.

HW: 305/SW: 289/CW: 129

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1383 views