Food Frustration

Lisarn1
on 8/22/11 4:40 am - Raleigh, NC

Hey All
I had gallbladder surgery and an internal hernia on 7/22. It's been a month, but I'm having trouble progressing my diet. Before this surgery I was eating mostly whatever I wanted, ie: vegetarion protein, fish, with rare occassional lean beef/bison (I don't do chicken or pork), yogurts, protein powders, veggies (fresh raw or cooked), and small amounts of whole grains. I was doing great and very happy with my RNY.

Now it seems that I'm not yet able to handle raw foods well, nor, as I found out on Saturday, am I able to tolerate dense meats (I tried to eat a bison burger). It simply hurts to eat anything other than soft, well cooked foods. I can eat yogurt, eggs, LF cheese, & cooked veggies (thank GOD!), but this is particularly frustrating because I am craving some variety. I WANT A SALAD!!!! I want sashimi!!! Raw veggies! Sorry...just venting.

Did anyone else have this issue when they had either gallbladder or hernia surgery after WLS? Just curious.
Thanks
Lisa

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

nomoresugar
on 8/23/11 3:47 am
I know that sometimes, it just takes longer to tolerate certain foods.  Just do your best to keep your protien up, and your fluids.  Try the 'other' foods in very small amounts and be patient.

I think when they dig around in your belly, it ****** off the other organs for a while.

good luck.
Lisarn1
on 8/23/11 8:23 am - Raleigh, NC
Thanks for your supportive comments. I'm gonna give it till the end of the week and then try some salad on Sat. I just thought I'd bounce back faster.

Thanks again
Lisa

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

Most Active