Anxiety Caused Me Too Over Eat???

GodisGood
on 8/24/11 2:17 am - Perth Amboy, NJ
I had WLS back in 2007. I managed to lose and keep off over 270lbs.

However yesterday idk what got into me, I couldn't  stop eating... I would eat and eat and eat and not be satisfied... I ATE ALOT. I normally get full fast and stop.

Ive been under an excessive amount of stress. which i wasnt really having much of an appetite, was eating about once a day..... so idk if i was just really hungry or what...

I prepared myself today tho... I will not do what I did yetserday. Today or  EVER again... lol

It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes.
Beauty=Confidence. If U Believe it,, They'll Believe it.!  

According To Your Faith Be It Unto You. Matthew 9:29    
Ladytazz
on 8/24/11 2:32 am
Wow, 270lbs!  That is awesome.  We all have bad days.  It just takes a bit of work to keep them from becoming bad weeks or months.  Hang in there and I am sure you will do great.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

GodisGood
on 8/24/11 3:02 am - Perth Amboy, NJ
thnx hun xoxoxo

Dave Chambers
on 8/24/11 4:31 am - Mira Loma, CA
Stressors can be a trigger to returning to old eating habits.  Anxiety, increased anger, job pressures, marriage issues, etc. are some of the issues.  You need to learn how to deal with stress.  I happen to take an anxiety med once a day, sometimes 2.  If this continues to be an issue, I'd highly recommend some medical counseling, and the possiblity of some medication to help with your stress.  It's not a "badge of dishonor" to take antidepressants or anxiety meds.  Each person's body chemistry is different and we all can't deal with life's issues without if affecting us in some manner. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

GodisGood
on 8/24/11 5:47 am - Perth Amboy, NJ
thanks so much dave. i have been wanting to look into counseling. not too sure about meds, only because im afraid to become addicted and or immune to them.... i dont want to depend on anything, but i def want to seek counseling... thanks again

Dave Chambers
on 8/24/11 6:52 am - Mira Loma, CA

I take mild anxiety meds--Ativan and I don't feel it's addictive at all. Other meds may have that tendency. BUT, post op life requires lifestye modifications. How's your daily life now? Not too good according to you.  Counseling my be all you need, but I would not turn down any suggested meds to help you get better.  If you can't overcome your stressors, you need to rely on something to help. Without help, it's unlikely you'll overcome your issues easily. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

Susan S.
on 8/24/11 6:29 am - Roselle, NJ
Eating once a day is not a good thing for anybody let alone a WLS patient......as frequent small protein meals are the way to keep your body fueled and your metabolism stoked. The grazing behavior you described isn't unusual.......but I'm more concerned with your once a day eating. How do you meet protein goals? How do you maintain an energy level? Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Getaway_Girl
on 8/26/11 4:44 am - Montclair , NJ
This was me very months ago... and weight started to creep back up and it really started freaking me out.

Found that eating hardboiled eggs, got my azz in CHECK!!! lol....
High in protein, (watch out if u have cholestorel problems, I dont) but I noticed even being 3yrs out... i cant stuff in, no more than 2 and 1/2 at the most.

As far as therapy and meds go, dont fool or deny yourself a decent life. Anxiety once it gets chronic will PARALYZE. Took me years of missed opportunities to see that. Now, pop my lil Lexapro/Abilify... just like I do my vitamin C and Biotin and I KEEP IT MOVING!!!!

Amazes me how those 2 little pills 'shut-off' all the negative doubts in my head. And aside from few friends, and you guys here... NO ONE KNOWS Im on. So no judgements. My personality is all the same, Im more calmed level-headed and can make disciplined rational decisions. I was lacking that before. Im getting things ACCOMPLISHED... that was the 'old fat me' was FEARLESS. Strange, right??? 364lbs and fearless... 217.. and fearful. LOL But such is life.

Find U a good protein 'binge' food, keep it handy. Or bone up on salad... Or Ur protein shakes, but Ull be fine.

And dont swear off meds, they might ...seriously... open up a whole new world to you. Talk to a professional

Most Active