Travel (plane and cruise) & Pills question (x-post)

Lori P.
on 8/28/11 3:16 am - Kenosha, WI
I am a cruise junkie....I am taking my first crusie and plane trip post RNY.

How does everyone travel with the pills (vitamins and such)?

On past trips I just took my pill bottles because I always thought if the travel bag were opened by customs or TSA, the drugs needed to be labeled..but I am not sure where I got that idea from....could just be a holdover from me being a nurse...to take ALL my pill bottles (vitamins and regualr meds)....would require more space than I have.

What does everyone else do? Is it necessary to have the pills in the bottles??

Thanks

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

KathyA999
on 8/28/11 3:30 am
I went on a European cruise in June.  I packed my vites/supps in a plastic bag and put it in my checked luggage.  I did have a couple days' worth in my carry-on, also in a plastic bag, and it went thru TSA without a problem.  TSA is primarily looking for things that can be used as weapons or bombs (not contraband, so much, I think).  Customs never opened my bag, they just looked at the customs form, asked me a few questions - not the least of which was that I look significantly different from my passport picture, LOL! - and sent me on my way.  If you're concerned, though, you could discard any leftover pills before coming back.

Prescription pills?  I'd leave them in the bottles. 

Have a wonderful trip!

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

Lori P.
on 8/28/11 5:14 am - Kenosha, WI
I am also a bit worried about the passport pic....I will bring along my dirver liscense too...but that is not any better 

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/11 3:38 am
 I haven't been on a cruise, but I've flown several times with medication and vitamins. For completely unrelated reasons, I ALWAYS need to get the actual pat-down and they go through my carry-on bags (super fun. I hate flying.). I  put my meds in a pill case or into one bottle and carry them in my purse. I've never had trouble with it or even had them pay it any attention. Last time, security took my suntan lotion and hair product, though.. go figure.
Lori P.
on 8/28/11 5:13 am - Kenosha, WI
Yah...that suntan lotion and hairspray is dangerous stuff  

JodiBoda
on 8/28/11 1:48 pm - Butler, PA
Last year, they confiscated my daughter's body spray but left a huge pair of craft scissors in her purse.  (She had forgotten they were in there!)  Gotta love flying....NOT! 

Jodi

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."  ~ Helen Keller

Lori P.
on 8/28/11 5:12 am - Kenosha, WI
Thanks for the tips....I will use a pill organizer as that seems to make the most sense for me and will really save space.

Thanks 

Emily F.
on 8/28/11 8:50 am
I have not had any trouble w pills but I will tell you a friend got held in customs bc his passport was pre wls and had lost a lot of weight, you may need to get a new passport.
Lori P.
on 8/28/11 9:08 am - Kenosha, WI

I hope I have no problems...too late to do anything about it now, I leave next Saturday.

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1330 views