Intensive Out-Patient Eating Disorder Program

Molly S.
on 8/29/11 3:48 am - Chicago, IL

Today is the big day!  Today I start an Intensive Out-patient Eating Disorder Program for Binge eaters, Compulsive over eating, or Food addiction.  (whatever name you want to use, they are all very similar)

I am very excited about this program.  It offers much needed help on this disorder that I have.  I have been searching for this since June.  One of the main components of the programs is blind weigh ins at the place for them and they ask us not to weigh ourselves either.  This is to make sure we focus on relationship with food and not the number on the scale.

They also ask that we do not exercise for 2 weeks.  I am told that if they do not think you have your eating under control that they will not recommend exercise.  Their pamphlet did say exercise restriction is part of recovery.  So since Thursday I have not exercised and it was not as hard as I thought.:smile:   I think not getting on the scale will be more challenging for me.  But I am going to follow their suggestions to the letter for now.  I did weigh myself today and I am not going to weigh myself again until January 1st.   If this works for me I will continue with sporadic weigh ins and measure my success by clothes sizes. 

The intake lady really convinced me that the constant weighing is hindering me.  She said it is not the same for normal people and even some who are overweight are not binge eaters like me.  So this no weigh in stuff is not applicable for everyone.  I did not get up to 600 plus pounds by normal overeating.  I need to get the mind set thing in order so I can stop the yo-yoing that I have been doing for over a year now. 

You all keep up the good work and keep on keeping on!!  I will check in with any tidbits when I can.  Just remember I will be back in about 2 months.  

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

AnneGG
on 8/29/11 4:08 am
Congratulations for reaching out for the help! Please keep us posted on what you learn and your experience- that would be very helpful to me, being a binge eater myself.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

goodkel
on 8/29/11 4:16 am
Good for you!

Joining this program is a HUGE step in the right direction.

And I know that the scale can be like heroin. I only weigh myself at my doctor appointments and it was NOT easy getting to this point. But, I'm living proof that it can be done.

Best of luck to you and wishes for great success!
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/11 4:25 am - GA
VSG on 06/08/09 with
 What a wonderful gift to give yourself!   Lots of opportunity for growth and change.  Keep in mind that when you DO something different, you change your brain and body chemistry.  This should give your brain a jump start!
Mag (Marguerite) P.
on 8/29/11 4:56 am - Green Valley, AZ
Good for you, Molly. What a great  thing to do for yourself. Please do keep us informed.    Mag

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/29/11 5:37 am

Goog luck Molly. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

chris_ruff
on 8/29/11 5:45 am
RNY on 04/07/09 with
much luck to you molly!
--Christina
So Blessed!
on 8/29/11 5:55 am

Best wishes to you, Molly.  You will be missed. Take care of yourself.
Just Ducky - The
Meditative Hag

on 8/29/11 5:59 am - Belleville, IL
(((Molly))))) Hugs and good wishes! I hope you are able to find some help and peace. Crossing fingers that all goes well for you, and GOOD FOR YOU, for seeking help!

Warmly,
Jackie

Most Active