10 days Post Op Think I screwed up my pouch

Sunny64
on 9/1/11 9:14 am
I just got ok'd to ride my bike at my post op this week.  I am 10 days post-op.  I told the doc I ride 2-3 miles a day.  He said fine.  It is hot here and after the ride I was REALLY thirsty and just drank down 8 oz of water.  I have not had any issues getting water in or the protein in.  I was worried about no resitance until I had the soft food yesterday, and so I know it is ok.  I am concerned that I screwed my pouch up by drinking that much water at one time.  Felt a little water logged after, but ok.  If I did not mess it up, how do you excercise and get a resonable amount of water in when it is hot outside.  I am only supposed to be able to get in 4 oz over an hour.  Left a message with the office, but it is after 5:00pm here and I am worried. 

AnneGG
on 9/1/11 9:35 am
I wouldn't worry at all if I were you. It takes a lot more than that to stretch a pouch- it's made from the toughest part of your stomach. Just drink somewhat slowly, that's all. And check with your dr's office tomorrow re: drinking more than 4oz an hour.

Good for you for getting out on your bike!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Jessica Houston
on 9/1/11 9:45 am - Wichita, KS
I went to my 2 week appt and told my surgeon  I was worried because I could drink  8-16 oz at a time and didn't feel any restriction... He said if it didn't cause me pain or to feel sick, it was ok...  I would still check with your dr but 8 oz should be ok!
HW: 245lbs SW:232lbs; CW: 206.2lbs;  GW:125lbs  Height 5ft 2in 

newmerightnow
on 9/1/11 9:47 am - AK
Liquid is not like food, it goes in then then right back out.

Ladytazz
on 9/1/11 9:58 am
I had no problem drinking from day one.  As much as I tried I always wound up drinking exactly like I did pre op, still do.  I have a 16 oz bottle and I can drink it down in under 10 minutes.  So far it hasn't hurt anything.
When I ride my bike, especially in the heat, I drink a little water very few minutes or so.  Whenever I have to stop for a light or stop sign I pick up my bottle and drink a little.  That helps so I won't get dehydrated.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

walterswife
on 9/1/11 12:42 pm
Don't worry about the fluids. Drinking is not like eating solid food.  You haven't messed anything up.  Relax and keep up the good work.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Sunny64
on 9/1/11 11:18 pm
Thank you all for answering.  Much appreciated.  Just waiting for the Docs call back.  Be interested to see what he says.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Medicaid for VSG to RNY
KKress28 · 0 replies · 336 views
Need new surgeon
jkhawk8 · 1 replies · 384 views
Protein Shake Recall
Cautiously_Hopeful · 0 replies · 1195 views
Search Topics not working
Cindy W. · 6 replies · 1986 views