I'm pushing things too fast

Gloria-Caryl
on 9/2/11 12:27 pm
 I keep fixing things that I know are too large for me to swollow- I try chewing alot but when I swollow it feels like a lump. I just hate purreed food. I just had surgery"RNY" the 15th of Aug.. I need to break this habit for sure. Did anyone else  do these things?
xoxoxo1990
on 9/2/11 1:14 pm
Ummm it wasnt even physically possible for me to do that 2 weeks out??
And if its pureed then why do you need to chew alot? You really shouldnt have to chew it that much?
In my opinion you are moving a little too fast, just make sure your getting in your protien drinks and try some of the pureed food inbetween those. Hope this helps
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
--Dr. Seuss

goodkel
on 9/2/11 4:14 pm
First, get yourself a baby spoon. That's how much you should swallow at one time for now. Put it down in between bites. Give each spoonful a moment to settle before eating another one.

Next, STOP with the whole food if you're supposed to be on mushy food. Follow your surgeon's post-op eating protocol to the letter. No ifs, ands, or buts.

You hate pureed food. Fine. Don't eat it. There are plenty of other soft foods out there. Cottage cheese, peanut butter (with your baby spoon), yogurt, refried beans.

The point at the moment is not to enjoy eating or partake of a varied menu. Your innards are healing and your only concern is to assist in that healing. You've arrived at the point where you'll have to find emotional satisfaction/comfort somewhere besides with food.

If the only food you can bear that fits your surgeon's instructions is cottage cheese and yogurt, then ALL you eat is cottage cheese and yogurt for the time being.

Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 9/2/11 7:06 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
Yes, but the unpleasantness of the experience kept it to a minimum for me.  You KNOW the
pieces are too large, yet you keep putting them in your mouth.  Duh ....

Cut the pieces up to no more than 1/2 inch, then chew.  Don't worry, you won't go hungry.

You no longer have to stuff your face.  That's your old mindset.  Don't worry you won't be
hungry.

Kathleen W.
on 9/2/11 9:25 pm - Lancaster, PA
This isn't a race.  It's a journey.  May I ask you a question?  If you are having trouble now, what's going to happen in the future?

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Gloria-Caryl
on 9/3/11 12:02 am
   I know, that;s what scares me!!! I want all this stuff I can't have. I hate the sweet protein drinks with a passion and I think that;s what is driving me to want other foods. Maybe I should order that protein stuff that's unflavored that can be added to food. Where online can I find it?
Susan S.
on 9/3/11 6:39 am - Roselle, NJ
You've been given great advice. Thing is.....your sensations are not intact...so in addition to the fullness you feel you could be doing real damage. Vomiting as an early postop is to be avoided so you don't disrupt staple lines or cause other injury. It's not about the calories at this point...it's about allowing healing. Follow the instructions to the letter. Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09