Another Potential Benefit to Keeping the Gut Happy

Janice B.
on 9/5/11 9:04 am - Misawa-chi, Japan

Probiotics are the latest greatest nutrition discussion ... they figure in my world because of an overabundance of bad bacteria in my body:  it is has been hard to balance.  But now, there is tentative research out there that says using probiotics MAY ease stress, at least in mice.  Check it out:  http://www.npr.org/2011/09/02/140146780/probiotic-bacteria-c hill-out-anxious-mice 

What do you think of the entire probiotics conversation, advertisements, and so on?

Janice

Life is too short to eat vanilla ice cream and dance with boring men.

HW: 305/SW: 289/CW: 129

Emily F.
on 9/5/11 9:52 am
My life has gotten a lot better since I added Digestive Advantage Gas Formula. I also haven't gotten a virus?? In my opinion, its related. I'm a big fan of probiotics, I also eat yogurt two times a day.
sweetpotato1959
on 9/6/11 1:40 am
 What all is in that formula?
Denise
Emily F.
on 9/6/11 5:26 am
On September 6, 2011 at 8:40 AM Pacific Time, sweetpotato1959 wrote:
 What all is in that formula?
 http://www.digestiveadvantage.com/prod_gas.asp
sweetpotato1959
on 9/5/11 10:03 am
 Pro-biotics are good, the more natural , the better... I get mine from a herb called EVERLASTING, aka Rabbit tobaco... I make it into a tea and it has resolved my gas issues, and the gastritis I had intermittently. It has also an antiviral, anti cancer properties... for more info see the info on the southern herbalist web site.  
Denise
Janice B.
on 9/5/11 8:20 pm - Misawa-chi, Japan
Rabbit tobacco?!

sweetpotato1959
on 9/6/11 1:36 am, edited 9/6/11 1:37 am
Yes, look it up. It's done wonders for my very strange system.   My Husband is overjoyed that something, anything... has stopped the foul od-d -our....He even helps me find it. If you want my recipe for the tea, and how I use it, I'll send it to you.
Denise
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/5/11 10:40 am
 I am convinced I should be taking them and I'm going to go look in my fridge, because I think I already have some.

hard to know what's best, but I don't want to mail order it or get it when it hasn't been kept cold.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Janice B.
on 9/5/11 8:23 pm - Misawa-chi, Japan
I understand that and, actually, what I have been reading says that chilling keeps them from dying off.  Cool (ha, literally!), but with the potential of moving overseas, I have to look at the room temperature and mailing options.  KWIM?

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/5/11 10:33 pm
 maybe they have some where you are going?

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1421 views