i have cancer.

RieRie
on 9/8/11 12:52 am - somewhere, IL
well the results of the mass that caused my intessumption was lymphoma. so i am now taking chemo. what i thought was a complication of bypass has turned into a nightmare.  i will take my second chemo tomorrow. this started out because i had diareah and then could hardly eat. i thought something was wrong with my bypass. went to liquids for awhile but it didnt get better. had a cat scan done but the found nothing.  called my surgeon his nurse was not cooperative in listening to me that something was wrong. and put me off.  i finally got to see my surgeon and he informed me that was my colon not my bypass. ordered test but was a month and halff out. when i told the nurse that i needed text sooner she put me off again. and told me i would be fine.  grr.  finally i couldnt take pain no more and went to er. they did another cat scan with contrast. i had a mass with an intessumption . turns out the mass is lymphoma. so i am now taking chemo.. if you feel something is wrong  be presistent in getting someone to listen. took me 3 months to get them to listen to me...

Love Marie        My Space          I am a Army mom     

Jacksonsgrandma
on 9/8/11 12:55 am - Kalamazoo, MI
 I am so sorry for your crisis. I hope everything turns out well.  How sad that your phyician's office was so negligent in trying to help you get to the root of the problem. 
I hope you have a complete recovery, dear. Our prayers will be with you.

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/11 1:11 am - Newark, DE
Marie,

I am so sorry to know about your predicament.  The staff at your surgeon's office need a strong reprimand or even worse; leave that for later.  Right now concentrate in your treatment, take good care of yourself, be strong because you are going to need every bit of your strenght, and if you are a person of faith, cling to it for dear life because it is a good source of strenght and hope.  I will pray for you.

Wishing you the best.

Peace and good.

AnneGG
on 9/8/11 1:21 am
Keep fighting for your life! I'm sorry for what you found out. I'm a cancer survivor, too- I found out about it during my workup for WLS.

What you say about not backing down until you get heard is so true.

Keep fighting!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Esther B.
on 9/8/11 1:21 am - Rainy & Cloudy, WA
Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 9/8/11 1:30 am
 I so sorry & wish you the best !!!   

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Mary Catherine
on 9/8/11 1:43 am
 You did the right thing in going to the emergency room when the doctor's office did not respond to your concerns.  I am so sorry that you are experiencing cancer and so glad that you are being treated.  My best wishes and prayers are with you as you fight through this ordeal.  
So Blessed!
on 9/8/11 1:52 am
I'd be sorely tempted to call that nurse back and give her a piece of my mind.

I'm sorry you're having to deal with this, but glad that you finally got a diagnosis.  (((((HUGS)))))
RieRie
on 9/8/11 2:12 am - somewhere, IL
the thing is the nurse kept insisting that all that was wrong was that i was eating wrong. and i know when i went back to the office to see if they could get the test done sooner, that she did not even take the time to ask my surgeon.   i told her several times that at six yrs out i knew when i was eating wrong and that this was different and that something was wrong she would not listen.. The surgeon apologized to me. but i havent nor do i plan on seeing her, you would think she would have came and seen me to apoloqize herself.  i understand that sometimes mistakes are made on assumptions. i am sure she gets a lot of complaints that something is wrong and it is what is being eaten, but at six yrs out i knew it was more. she wouldnt listen. 

Love Marie        My Space          I am a Army mom     

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/11 2:04 am - Santa Cruz, CA
I would be sooooo tempted to put a copy of this report on
that woman's desk with the diagnosis circled in red.

I'm so sorry to hear of your problem; I will keep you in
my thoughts as you go through treatment.

Blessed be
Most Active