Bye Bye Boobies!!

dbyarbro
on 9/7/11 10:48 pm - Cypress, CA
Tomorrow I go in for my breast reduction/reconstruction.  Because of the weight loss and so much extra skin and lack of support, I am going to be a  B/C but may be a bit flat. Which after being way larger than a DDDD (I don't even remember the size to be honest) I will so take it.  I am wondering though, will getting used to my top be the same as dealing with the whole body issue after weight loss?  I am nervous about the surgery but also knowing the body changes and how it affects our minds, what will it do to mine?  Any thoughts??

Denise~
 Read about my journey on UCLA's Bariatric Website:
 http://bariatrics.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=47&ref=11&action=detail

293/255/199/165/142    Highest Wt/Surgery Wt/GOAL #1/Goal #2/Current 
GOAL #2 REACHED-March 3, 2010, Breast Reduction-Sept 9,2011

walterswife
on 9/8/11 8:59 am
I am in a little different situation but may be able to address your issue.  I had a mastectomy earlier this year and then got tissue expanders to prepare the skin and muscle for implants.  Two weeks ago the expanders were replaced with silicone implants and I love them!  They are a C cup--I was a DD before surgery and a C afterwards but it was mostly skin.

It has taken me absolutely no time to get used to them (with the exception of the pain and discomfort following surgery).  The body changes as a result of this surgery are all positive--the excess skin in other parts of the body is a totally different story.  You should do fine.  Congratulations!

PM meif you have other questions.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Sunny64
on 9/8/11 9:37 am
I too had mastectomies 18 months ago.  I was about 260 so they did not "show up" very well.  That is one reason I got the RNY along with the health reasons.  I have to say, even when they were B's they were perfectly beautiful.  I feel like a teenager, the smaller I get the bigger they get.  You will LOVE them. I was a 44 DD and now have no back aches etc.  I can run and can buy "pretty" bras.  Good Luck! 

mustangslly
on 9/8/11 9:58 am - greenfield, IN
I went from a DD before WLS to a "not even an A cup" after my weight loss.  (There was still plenty of skin, but that could be rolled up into my A cup bra).  I had a breast lift with implants and I am now a C cup.  My girls are beautiful!  I still have problems wrapping my head around the fact that my body is a size 6 from a 26/28 and have to do a double take when I pass a mirror, but my breasts were easy to get used to.

Good Luck on your surgery tomorrow, and enjoy your new girls!

If I lived on the moon, I would only weigh 24.4 pounds.

dbyarbro
on 9/10/11 9:12 am - Cypress, CA
Thank you for the wonderful encouraging words and information.  I am still trying to be cautious and try to be positive with my mind thing.  It's been a long hard decision to do this, and I am so far glad I have done it.  The surgery went well, and pain so far has not been that bad.  I can't wait to put a regular bra and shirt on and feel normal!

Denise~
 Read about my journey on UCLA's Bariatric Website:
 http://bariatrics.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=47&ref=11&action=detail

293/255/199/165/142    Highest Wt/Surgery Wt/GOAL #1/Goal #2/Current 
GOAL #2 REACHED-March 3, 2010, Breast Reduction-Sept 9,2011

Most Active