Just ate my first tortilla

Gloria-Caryl
on 9/11/11 2:41 am
 I couldn't help it- I was dying to try a frozen burrito. It hit my stomach like a lead bomb. Can someone tell me why we aren't suppose to have tortillas and bread, or rice or pasta ever!!!
J.e.t.
on 9/11/11 2:43 am
 What surgery did you have and when?
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

Citizen Kim
on 9/11/11 3:02 am - Castle Rock, CO
jenysez1
on 9/11/11 3:27 am - LA
my doctor said I could have whole wheat whole grain, bread rounds, tortillas, and crackers a year out.

Jenny

Gloria-Caryl
on 9/11/11 6:48 am
 I just had to try and it was awful. you and I had our surgery's close. I had RNY the 15th
jenysez1
on 9/11/11 8:37 am - LA
I was so upset when I found out I couldnt have my whole wheat sand-which rounds (especially since they now make mini ones) for a year,  I figured maybe 6mths, but a year

Jenny

AnneGG
on 9/11/11 3:42 am
Early out is rough, if that's where you are. You will tolerate more as you go along.

White carbs are not useful nutritionally.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Gloria-Caryl
on 9/11/11 1:40 pm
 What are the best things to eat at this stage, I'm so hungry
JudiJudi T
on 9/11/11 4:00 pm, edited 9/11/11 4:00 pm

the 15th of last month?  you shouldn't be hungry - your nerves were cut.  it's head hunger.  you should be ready to transition to solids by now so try different proteins to see how you handle them (chicken, pork, fish, etc).   this is the time to get control of your bad habits - like not giving in to temptation.  

Each doctor has their own rules about breads, etc. too - but basically there is limited room in the pouch and you need to fill it with protein first - there won't be much room left for the rest.  It's not a never thing .. just a best not to kind of thing.  Like someone else says - not a whole lot of nutrition in that stuff.  

Best of luck!  

Before/after pic in my profile.  
Surgery: Dec 2009, lost 100 lbs

Gloria-Caryl
on 9/12/11 2:46 am
     Thanks so much for explaining all that. I didn't know any of it. I open all this food and take two bites and it hurts or I don't feel good after. I hate the protein and haven't been drinking it- it makes me nauseated. If I just eat protein, will that be enough???