Main Chat????

Brendan 2 Years :)
on 9/11/11 11:19 am

My 2 year Surgiverary was in August.  I'm down 250+ pounds.  I used to spend so much time on here on ObesityHelp.  I recieved soooooo much support here.  Especially in the main Chat Room.  I recently stopped in to say Hi, check in and get some support and ...... for about a week now it just says... "Chat is currently down for maintenance.  Please check back later... ".  Anyone have any ideas on what is going on???

Brendan

(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 12:08 pm, edited 9/11/11 12:08 pm
 They say they are putting it back .   I too very much hope its  true . There were  serious security issues with  destructive bulies who were   attempting to destroy peoples  work and personal lives and clean reputations .

It went  against the rules  of chat  and  against  the unconditional and  positive support that OH  as a site was created to offer .   

I am proud that  OH finally stood up and said ENOUGH  ..I just pray they  can manage to fix the loophole and restore chat .  It helps a lot of people  - particularly newcomers with lots of questions and postops  living with WLS  too ... 
goodkel
on 9/11/11 12:52 pm
On September 11, 2011 at 7:08 PM Pacific Time, ♫♪Mini-Me's Mommy♪♫ wrote:
 They say they are putting it back .   I too very much hope its  true . There were  serious security issues with  destructive bulies who were   attempting to destroy peoples  work and personal lives and clean reputations .

It went  against the rules  of chat  and  against  the unconditional and  positive support that OH  as a site was created to offer .   

I am proud that  OH finally stood up and said ENOUGH  ..I just pray they  can manage to fix the loophole and restore chat .  It helps a lot of people  - particularly newcomers with lots of questions and postops  living with WLS  too ... 
Security issues on a social site? Really?

What? Were people storing their social security numbers and bank account info in their profiles? What the hell kind of personal information was being handed out to strangers in a chat room?

This is why some morons keep their profiles private and refuse to post before and after photos. Crap like this makes them unreasonably paranoid about posting the most innocuous, helpful information.

BTW, OH was NOT created to provide "unconditional and positive support."

We provide support. Not necessarily unconditional and definitely NOT all sunshine and rainbows positive.
Check out my profile: http://www.obesityhelp.com/member/goodkel/
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Silver55foxman
on 9/11/11 2:26 pm
HI AVA MISS YOU
STEVE
(deactivated member)
on 9/11/11 9:37 pm
 Miss U too Steve     Big Hugs  
goodkel
on 9/12/11 3:14 am
On September 12, 2011 at 10:08 AM Pacific Time, Ms_Priss wrote:
I joined this site just a short time ago and have only been reading the forums and not putting my thoughts or comments down, but I felt I had to say something to you.
You are delusional if you think ANY chat room offers security or all "niceness".  As the saying goes, "if you can't stand the heat - get out of the kitchen".
I have been on the web for many years and find there are always disagreements in any and all chat sites - to say some chatters are bullies and want to ruin the lives of others is naive and laughable. I am sorry, you either need to grow up and realize exactly what a chat environment offers or just stfu and accept it as it is. 
Just my view - for what its worth.
Every day I see more and more evidence that the chat room represents the short bus of OH.
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

goodkel
on 9/12/11 5:02 am
On September 12, 2011 at 10:25 AM Pacific Time, Ms_Priss wrote:
I haven't been to this site chat yet, but I did read many of the posts made by this particular member.  I have to agree they seem like a perfect short bus candidate.  It's almost frightening to think about. 
While none are quite as OCD as the orange yappy dog, a whole slew of similar personalities invaded this board when chat went down. I don't believe it is a coincidence.
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

(deactivated member)
on 9/12/11 5:46 am - Lancaster, OH

Do you suppose the orange yappy dog apologizes for other people's behavior on "chat" too?

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/12/11 6:11 am - Tuvalu
On September 12, 2011 at 12:46 PM Pacific Time, Caprice wrote:

Do you suppose the orange yappy dog apologizes for other people's behavior on "chat" too?

'spoze?

What's really scary is the yappy thing insists it's a psychotherapist.  One can only hope that it isn't practicing anymore.  Of course, life IS tough when you are MO and an addict trying to be a  therapist...people may come to the conclusion that you ain't got **** under control.

goodkel
on 9/12/11 6:30 am
On September 12, 2011 at 12:46 PM Pacific Time, Caprice wrote:

From what I've seen there's no need. They all seem to have imbibed the same Kool-Aid.

It's kind of creepy in a cultish way. Maybe they should all just go start a commune on Farmville.
Or click on my name
DS SW 265 CW 120 5'7"

Most Active