low blood sugar levels?

demurebutterfly
on 9/17/11 5:42 am - Lima, OH
Lately I have been having issues with my blood sugar being so low that I start to shake ect.  I am eating every 5-6 hours.  In the past 6 months I have gained back 19 pounds.  (in the past 6 months I have been through a job loss, loss of baby, no job prospects to the last 2 months, getting a job, becoming a foster?adoptive parent of a 15 yr old, she keeps me motivated to MOVE).  My blood work levels were all great about 3 months ago.  I am not getting all my protein in I think (just what foods I am eating), I am drinking enough water and I am taking my vits, including a premnatal just in case.  I am not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I know some will ask.

Has anyone had issues with having low blood sugars?

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 6:12 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Sounds like Reactive Hypoglycemia;  you need to eat high protein/complex carb every 4 to 5 hours
to avoid having your blood sugar go too low.  Not an uncommon problem with WLS.

If you're not eating the proper foods, you will put on weight.  Have you been keeping track of
your intake??  You may be letting too many "white foods" into your diet.  Awfully easy to do when
you're under such stress.

Journal your daily meals and see what you're eating, and I'll bet you'll find you can change
it and see the excess weight go away.

Best wishes,
demurebutterfly
on 9/17/11 6:19 am - Lima, OH
Thank you for this advise,  I think you may be right,  I will change and make sure I eat better (Your suggestion)  Anyways with all that has been going on I prob shoudl have been journaling the whole time,  I will try to do this for at least 2 weeks and see wht it shows me. 

Beverly

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1423 views