All your hard work and pain.....

CuteChic77
on 9/19/11 12:03 am - OH
 Hello all.  I just wanted to let you all know about something I just discovered.  There are weight loss companies (many are the HCG diets)  That are using YOUR before and after pictures for their advertising.  I have been in contact with them and they say that it is completely legal and I am crazy.  They also told me that I am lying and that this website (obesityhelp.com) does not exhist.  You can view their slideshows with maybe yourself and many other peole I have seen on here, on youtube.com.  Some of the company names are "Culture slim down" "are you a sugar junkie" and "be thin 4 good"  I sent them an email that said,"If your product works so well, then why are you using pictures of people that have had gastric bypass?"  I was shocked and in awe when they replied very rudely to me, so I decided to post it and if you are featured in any of the slideshows I guess you can handle it in some way.  I was just mad because I know that it is a hard road to lose weight with gastric bypass, and all of you need a round of applause for your accomplishments.  Some other company featuring a "fad diet"  is gaining momentum because of your hard work....it is just sad.
Elizabeth N.
on 9/19/11 12:05 am - Burlington County, NJ
That doesn't surprise me a bit, since they don't have any valid before and afters to show for their bogus products. I'll go play with that later today if I get a chance.

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 2:23 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
Where are the links ?
Amy W.
on 9/19/11 2:59 am - Bellingham, WA
Hi ladies and gents, I don't know for sure if any of you are featured in these but they look kind of familiar so you might want to take a looksie just in case the original poster was correct...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZW5VmQL-R5o&feature=related

There may be more but I really didn't take the time to search throughly.

Amy

waist @ 29.5 in, chest @ 33 in, hips @ 35 in, thighs @ 21 in...inspiration can lead to greatness whether it comes from within or from others, rock it out girls and guys!   
(deactivated member)
on 9/19/11 7:27 am
OMG shes right because I totally recognized two of the girls. I think one at least is on my friends list. That should be illegal because they did not get expressed written permission to use the images!!! 

Wow thats kindof scary, not I know why now, people dont use photos or keep their profiles private:(
tripmom02
on 9/19/11 7:36 am - NJ
 Holy crap, I know one of those girls PERSONALLY! I am off to send her the link! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

tripmom02
on 9/19/11 9:54 am - NJ
 Told my friend about it, we all reported it to Youtube and it has been pulled!

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

k9ophile
on 9/19/11 3:45 pm
Thanks for the link.  Youtube has removed it...Hooray!

Sadly, this has happened a few times since I became active here.  Yet every time is has, someone has come here and rallied the troops to go after the bad guys.  We shouldn't have to do it, yet I'm glad that when required we are a force to be reckoned with.

"Our ultimate freedom is the right and power to decide how anybody or anything outside ourselves will affect us."  Stephen Covey

Don't litter!  Spay or neuter your pet

J.e.t.
on 9/19/11 8:14 am
 I recognize people too!  
HW 263, 3lbs lost prior to surgery,  weight loss ticker is since surgery.

injeneral
on 9/21/11 9:37 am
Let this be a lesson -- When you post photos publicly on any forum, USE WATERMARKS!!!! You can even use some sort of OH water mark (something like "This photo originally posted on obesityhelp.com") so no one can "steal" them. Yikes :( Very creepy!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers                        
HT: 5'3"      HW: 240     GW: 130     AGE: 30     PCOSer; diagnosed 2003
Month 1:  -21.2 (218.8)   Month 2: -10 (208.8)   Month 3: -10.6 (198.2)   Month 4: -8.6 (189.6)
First goal (to be under 200): Nov. 11; 199.2
Second goal: weigh less than my husband (174):

I want to think again of dangerous and noble things. I want to be light and frolicsome. I want to be improbable, beautiful and afraid of nothing as though I had wings. — Mary Oliver