Thought I'd stop by for a moment...

Navytown Mom
on 9/19/11 1:23 am
I had my RNY about 2 years ago and my life has really changed. I use to love the boards and daily read them and post. It dawned on me today that I should make it habit of coming back here. Even 2 years post-op I find that there are times when I too need support. My surgery was one of the best decisions that I have made and I have been living life to the fullest ever since. However, I have seen how my addiction to food is still present and I know that it's a daily battle for me. I am a bit over my goal and I hope to get back down to goal weight soon. One thing that I am so thankful for is my energy level and my stamina. I still work out and it feels so good to be able to do 30 min on the elliptical or come home from the gym after a full work out and have such an awesome energy level. Throughout the last two years there have been many changes in my personal life and I know that I don't always deal with the stress in the most favorable way. This week I am planning on using exercise as my productive outlet. Everyone keep on plugging along, it is so worth it !!!

AnneGG
on 9/19/11 1:44 am
Great to hear from you, and that you are doing well! It sounds like you have been truly working your tool!

I am only 14 months out, so I guess I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but I sure am happy with my results so far. It truly is a new lease on life!

Perseverence with your journey!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

TurtleShell
on 9/19/11 11:49 am - WA
Congrats on your success!
Most Active