Fills in Los Angeles (Cash) - Best price? HELP

plumeriastar
on 9/21/11 6:26 am - CA
Hi,

I recently relocted from Oregon to Los Angeles, CA and at the moment, and for at least the next 6 months, do not have medical insurance. In Oregon I was blessed to have incredible insurance, and when I had to have part of my lapband replaced last year (Dr. Bruce Wolfe was my corrective surgeon and he was fantastic) I wasn't concerned about cost.

However now I am in the unfortunate position of having a band but with no fills (other than the minimal 1cc or whatnot put in with the surgery).

I know it's true - you get what you pay for - but with limited funds I also need to be cognizant of cost.  If anyone can recommend trustworthy (preferably Centers of Excellence), reputable places in the LA area (I don't mind driving a little) for fills, I'd be greatly appreciative.

i've already back-slid a little and am desperate to get a couple of fills and get back on track before this whole surgery (x 2) have been for nought.

I did call USC Hospital here in LA yesterday but their prices just went up and run at $450 a pop for a fill! No way I can afford that.

Thanks in advance.

Plumeriastar
AnneGG
on 9/21/11 7:23 am
You might want to post your question on the lap-band forum- they might have some answers for you. You also might have to call the various Dr's offices.

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Ms. Cal Culator
on 9/21/11 7:51 am - Tuvalu
On September 21, 2011 at 1:26 PM Pacific Time, plumeriastar wrote:
Hi,

I recently relocted from Oregon to Los Angeles, CA and at the moment, and for at least the next 6 months, do not have medical insurance. In Oregon I was blessed to have incredible insurance, and when I had to have part of my lapband replaced last year (Dr. Bruce Wolfe was my corrective surgeon and he was fantastic) I wasn't concerned about cost.

However now I am in the unfortunate position of having a band but with no fills (other than the minimal 1cc or whatnot put in with the surgery).

I know it's true - you get what you pay for - but with limited funds I also need to be cognizant of cost.  If anyone can recommend trustworthy (preferably Centers of Excellence), reputable places in the LA area (I don't mind driving a little) for fills, I'd be greatly appreciative.

i've already back-slid a little and am desperate to get a couple of fills and get back on track before this whole surgery (x 2) have been for nought.

I did call USC Hospital here in LA yesterday but their prices just went up and run at $450 a pop for a fill! No way I can afford that.

Thanks in advance.

Plumeriastar

I went for MANY adjustments on the Tijuana side of the border and never had any trouble with anyone.  It was, however, prior to "the recent unpleasantness" in border towns.

Many of the Mexican surgeons have a brisk business in adjustments for people in your situation.  I think Dr. Kuri would be reasonably priced.  Perhaps you can find a "travel buddy."

Here's how you get there:
Take the 5 south to the last exit on this side of the border.
Park at the parking lot on Camino de Something--I think it's Camino de Las Estrellas.
Park and lock your car and go buy a ticket on the red bus.  Very cheap.
Ride the bus to the downtown station.
DO NOT GO OUT THROUGH THE FRONT, where they are just waiting for tourists.
Go out the back, around the area where the busses pull in, and out the driveway.
You will see at least a half-dozen taxis.
Give them the address and you're on your way.

I wish I could go with you...I'd LOVE a stop at the Los Arcos seafood restaurant. 

Most Active