Tragic Death of Vesta Williams - Weight-Related?

Batwingsman
on 9/25/11 3:14 am - Garland, TX
Vesta was a popular R & B singer in the '80s who had a real struggle with her weight and food.  At one point, she lost 100+ lbs. in desperation after her career appeared to tank b/c of her weight gain.  She was found dead in her hotel room earlier this week, possibly due to an O.D. on prescrip. pills.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/23/vesta-william**** 80s-rb_n_977620.html?ref=mostpopular

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

BriarRose
on 9/25/11 4:03 am
I read about this and wondered about her "rapid" weight loss.  I truly mourn the early deaths of our singers, peformers and cultural icons of the past few decades, due to the avialability of both legal and illicit drugs.  These are the times I think about that "Rock and Roll Heaven, and know they have a hell of a band...."

Sad...
Briar Rose  
High Wt 300 lbs.  Pre-op Wt loss 34 lbs.   
sxycop
on 9/30/11 10:42 am
Ditto!
Kathleen W.
on 9/25/11 12:46 pm - Lancaster, PA
It's really sad.  She was so talented and beautiful.  It's also sad that people are so judgemental about someone else's weight.  I remember a singer from the '70's named Karen. She and her brother were the singing duo "The Carpenters".  The record company had the audacity to tell her she need to lose some weight.  It drove her in anorexia.  It eventually caused her to have a heart attack.  She was so thin that when she got help so she could gain,  Her heart couldn't  take the stress of it all.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Most Active