60 miles in 3 days! Can't believe I am going to do this!

Maura M.
on 9/27/11 11:43 am - Yardley, PA
I am so excited to be participating in the Breast Cancer 3 day walk this month!  I never would have dreamed of being in any shape to do this.  126 lbs lost certainly changed my outlook

On October 14, I'll be walking 60 miles over the course of three days.  I am walking to honor my dear friend Lori who is a survivor in every sense of the word. She has had a tough battle involving many surgeries and complications and she continues to be one of the bravest people I know.

It's for an event called the Susan G. Komen 3-Day for the Cure. Net proceeds from the 3-Day for the Cure fund innovative global breast cancer research and local community programs supporting education, screening and treatment. Komen for the Cure® works hard to build a future without breast cancer, and I plan on raising $2,500 to help bring us closer to that goal.

Please consider making a donation. If you would like to, you can spread your donation out over four months, using the payment plan option, if you donate online at The3Day.org.

Somewhere in the world, a woman dies from breast cancer every 69 seconds. That's why I'm walking in the 3-Day for the Cure. Because everyone deserves a lifetime.

Just follow the link below to visit my personal fundraising webpage and make a donation. If you don't want to donate online, please download and print a donation form from my webpage and mail it to the address on the form. Or you can call 800-996-3DAY to donate over the phone. I would like to reach my fundraising goal by October 13, so don't delay!

Thank you for taking the time to read this email and thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Maura Mullen

Please visit the following web address:
http://www.the3day.org/site/TR?px=2626117&pg=personal&fr_id=1624&et=_mTGXYy6jN9YeYjY25R50A&s_tafId=431743

One woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every three minutes in the United States.
Maura

AnneGG
on 9/28/11 12:04 am, edited 9/28/11 12:05 am
What an undertaking! Good for you!!!

I am a breast cancer survivor, so I especially appreciate what you are doing!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

martitalinda
on 9/28/11 3:22 am
 Congratulations!!! What an awesome cause...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....