YES - I WOULD DO IT ALL AGAIN

Kim Meeks
on 10/1/11 3:35 pm - lubbock, TX
After struggling with some wt gain and having a 360 - i have had many many messages to my inbox regarding my feelings and results so... i have decided to copy and paste the last response for those of you who may be considering RNY, 360 or struggling with keeping your wt off.  I am by no means the know all and end all of this discussion.  The experts are in the office - I am just one individual - who, through some hard work - have been fortunate enough to have a success story - so, i want to take this opportunity to share it     Dear _ _ _ _ _ _,   I'm sorry that you are having health problems - and i wonder if Dr _____might be able to help you with them - even if they are not related to your RNY he is a brilliant man and has helped me in more ways than one -   1.  you asked if i was able to get the rest of my wt off after regaining a few pounds (20#) YES - I got my wt off - this is how i did it:        A.  i realized that i was serving myself a full portion and eating until i "felt" full - which was much more than i should have or even needed to eat.        B. I was drinking while i was eating which was also causing me or allowing me to over eat        C.  I had gotten too "comfortable" with myself, and had stopped planning out what i was going to eat.  so, i went back to my "lunch box:" that i used when i first started.  My "lunch box" contained all of the food that i was going to eat for the day - i would usually try to fix it all up the night before because i was going to work at 5 AM and usually felt rushed if i tried to put it together in the mornings.  I put in my yogurt and my protien bars and my shake mix and my salad and my chicken or tuna - or whatever fruit i planned to eat for my entire day - and took it with me in case i had to work a double shift - if i cam home at my usual 2 PM i just put my lunch box in my fridge at home and ate out of it for the remainder of the day - sometimes exchanging whatever i made for supper for the portion i had elected to eat in advance - in order to stay in the flow with my family.  but, for the most part - i just ate whatever was already ready for me.        D.  I increased my physical activity and started walking on the treadmill 40-60 minutes a day - or doing the eliptical at the gym or running with my dog or whatever i felt like doing - as long as it was something.  When I first had my RNY I was working in a very busy Short Stay Surgery unit in a small hospital.  I wore a pedometer and realized i was taking well over 20,000 steps in a 7 hour shift every morning.  No wonder i was too tired to go to a gym!  LOL.  When I was working in this small hospital unit - we had ONE chair for 6 nurses to share - and NO ONE ever sat in it!  HA!  we never even thought to ask for another chair because we were so busy having fun doing our work - and "playing" as a team - we didnt have time to sit down.  We usually reserved that chair for anyone who was pregnant or just returning from surgery.       So... now that i am sitting on my rump all day - it has spread out some and i'm really having to work to keep it off - I am taking the stairs from the B to the 6th floor at least twice a day and parking at the furthest parking space available - AND going to the gym at LEAST 4 days a week with another RNY  Sister!  =)  and YES! I would do it all again!  the very last thing i want to do is gain back my weight - being half the size i was - is a "do over" for me - most people do not get the opportunity to reinvent themselves and i do not take this opportunity for granted.        ALSO - I am glad that i had the 360 - Dr ______ is an artist - my body looks like God himself created it - no i am not worshipping or idolizing DR _____   - I know - just like you do, that he is simply a man - but, he has a talent for making women look beautiful.  I would do it all again - but, i'm really glad i dont have to - it is a hard surgery and an expensive one - but, with some insurance companies - the skin removal IS covered - i work in a facility that DOES cover the skin removal - but, at the time that i had mine done - i did not have insurance coverage for it - i also had a triple hernia repair when i had my 360 and my insurance did not care!  they made me pay every stinkin penny - but....... i would do it again tomorrow!  again! i'm glad i dont have to.         The gym did not change my body - my surgeries changed my body - exercise and activity are only a tool to help me keep my body tiny.  Who would have ever thought i would think of myself as tiny!  HA!   your RNY is a tool the gym is a tool and your heart and soul are what drive both if you buy a hammer and throw it out into a field - dont be mad when it doesnt build a house - you have to pick up that hammer and use it - or it wont build anything!    good luck to you all   thank you for induging me - and letting me share my experiences with you

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

AnneGG
on 10/1/11 4:32 pm
Thanks for your post. You have worked hard and creatively to get where you are at. I like your idea of the lunchbox to control portions (or was it in the post you pasted?)

At any rate, I can never hear the tool analogy enough.

Congrats on your hard work and your tiny size!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Janice B.
on 10/1/11 9:18 pm - Misawa-chi, Japan

Oh I love that you said your heart and soul are what drive both tools.  Might have to embroider that on a pillow.  You have an awesome attitude and have written a terrific response.

Janice

Life is too short to eat vanilla ice cream and dance with boring men.

HW: 305/SW: 289/CW: 129

Mary Catherine
on 10/1/11 10:42 pm
 What is a 360?
Amy W.
on 10/2/11 1:07 am - Bellingham, WA
http://www.drzarrabi.com/procedures/body/360-body-lift/

This link will answer your question. But basically it is a total body lift with supreme sculpting.

waist @ 29.5 in, chest @ 33 in, hips @ 35 in, thighs @ 21 in...inspiration can lead to greatness whether it comes from within or from others, rock it out girls and guys!   
Kim Meeks
on 10/2/11 2:11 am - lubbock, TX
It's a tummy tuck that goes all the way around and lifts up your butt and thighs - i had 3 pounds of skin taken off my tummy and 8 pounds of skin taken off my butt, that's where i carried a lot of my extra wt

i have a scar that goes all the way around me like a belt - at the bikini line - no it doesnt show with bikini

the surgical name for it is a "circumfrential belt lipectomy"  another term for t is "lower body lift"

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 10/1/11 10:44 pm
 good for you - I know that PLANNING your food is one of if not the most helpful practical habits to have.

get lots of healthy food and plan your eating!  

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Kim Meeks
on 10/2/11 2:11 am - lubbock, TX
what healthy foods do you put in your "lunch box"?

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 10/2/11 2:27 am
almonds, yogurt, fruit, syntrax nectar mix, string cheese, and whatever else I am eating - pizza, burrito, etc. I am at goal so I eat everything.

frequently have a bunch of Triscuits - the only cracket I like but don't act as a trigger food for me.

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Kim Meeks
on 10/2/11 2:32 am - lubbock, TX
yummmmy - a cracker that's not a trigger food!  wooot wooot

i eat pretty much everything too - except sugarry fatty stuff

but, i have to be careful not to over eat - i have to stay focussed or i could easily go over my goal wt - i like to stay right at 135#

i like the cracked pepper triskets - i think they are triskets

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1380 views