I achived a goal. !!!!!

demurebutterfly
on 10/2/11 11:34 am - Lima, OH
I did it.  after my husband ro his dump truck 2 days before we were to work  the first annual 5K for Royal Family Kids Camp (traffic control and regestration).  He was still in the hospital after 6 hour neck surgey the day before.  My daughters and I went to work the 5K with his blessing as soon as the walk was over  back to hospital.  My 5 year old wanted to walk it, so we got our numbers and started off.  She only got 3/10 of a mile and then rode in the machine following the group until the last part.  I walked about 2 miles and run in spurts for 1 + miles with friends.  I wanted to quit after 2 miles but I DIDN"T.  I finished it.  I even came in 3rd place ( I was the last person in our age group, but it was still 3rd).  Samantha my 5 yr old even got a medal (the only one boy or girl in the 0-10 age group)  My next goal is to do another and run more than I walk.  I was so happy I did it.

Beverly

codlover
on 10/2/11 2:26 pm - Celina, OH
Congratulations Beverly!!!!

Sorry to hear of your husbands troubles ... hope thing turn out OK for him.

Hope to see you at another support meeting soon !!!
Jim from Celina   328 Pounds...GONE !!!!!      
demurebutterfly
on 10/2/11 9:52 pm - Lima, OH
I hope to be back there soon,  At this point I am not to leave David by himself but that should stop before the next meeting.

Beverly

AnneGG
on 10/2/11 11:17 pm
Congratulations!!!

Hope your husband is better soon!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Most Active