PLEASE HELP - i need your input - PLEASE

Kim Meeks
on 10/2/11 8:19 am - lubbock, TX
I'm writing a paper on compliance

what motivates you to do what you are supposed to - whether it's following your eating guideline?
exercising? quitting smoking?
whatever it is that you have accomplished? or not accomplished ? what motivated you?

fear?
guilt?
beauty?

what else is there that can be motivating?
how are these things motivating?

please - i need your input for this project

money?
thanks so much

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Oxford Comma Hag
on 10/2/11 9:23 am
Getting off meds and getting to a healthy weight. Not ending up a fat, sick old lady unable to do anything due to comorbidities. Being able to go out in public without wondering how many people are staring at me for my size.
Kathleen W.
on 10/2/11 10:53 am - Lancaster, PA
There are a few reasons that I decided to do this.  Such as:
1. get off my meds,
2. live long enough to drive my future grandchildren crazy,
3.  Being able to fit into seats airplanes and amusement parks,
4. not having to get the biggest size in the store and still not fit right,
6. having men look at me with looks of admiration.  At my age (I'm 56 and wear a size 6-8),  it's a   nice feeling,
AND:
7. having sex and really enjoying it.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

Apple-Jax
on 10/2/11 9:12 pm
love.
finding things in life that i love more than food
loving myself enough to be the best i can be
loving my family enough to be there for them in the future.

you have to see the enjoyment in living and realise that it can surpass the temporary enjoyment in a plate of food, or a bottle, or whatever it is. 

cost= it has to start costing you more than you are getting from it.  like anyhting in life, when something gets too "expensive" you have to evaluate how important it is and see what is most important for you to spend your/time/money/energy on.

the costs of obesity were no longer offset but the ejoyment i felt doing as i pleased.

Support Group for Fall 2011 WLS! Please come and join!
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Fall_2011_WLS/

AnneGG
on 10/2/11 10:46 pm
Good health at age 60 motivates me more than anything now, with looking good a distant but nice second. I truly have a new lease on life now, compared to where I was 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with breast cancer.

As a result, I am almost completely compliant, including exercise, because I want to live a long time full of vim and vinegar! Being in a size 2-4 doesn't hurt, either!

I love being in my shoes these days- that keeps me motivated!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Kim Meeks
on 10/3/11 10:35 am - lubbock, TX
thanks yall - those are all great answers and i appreciate your input

trip to laurie's

Kim Fiveash   
START: 270 /GOAL 150/  Lowest 129 /Current 140 (my new goal is 135 - half of 270=)

Most Active