It's been a year already!?!?!?

Rubes001
on 10/6/11 1:11 am - Houston, TX
Good morning OH,

I made a year out on October 1st.  I have lost a total of 100 lbs (84 post op).  I am ecstatic!!  I feel terrific and am way more active than I have ever been.  I also finally learned how to swim over the summer and can't wait til next summer to show my skills and improve on them, lol.

Reflecting over the past year, I have struggled, tried foods I shouldn't have tried and started drinking alcohol too soon.  I also still can't get that not eating & drinking at the same time thing down. Although my weight loss has slowed tremendously, I am still losing about 1 to 2 lbs per month now.  I would still like to at least make it to 160.  I wear a size 14 now.  I haven't been a size 14 since 9th or 10th grade.

The only negative feedback is from my grandmother who keeps telling me not to lose anymore weight.  Everyone else has been surprisingly supportive or they hold back their comments altogether (which I also appreciate).

To those waiting for surgery: The road is not easy but don't give up.  It's totally worth it!!

Have a great day everyone.
-Ruby H.

Visit us at www.HintonFamily.OrganoGold.com

HW/SW/CW
281/265/173

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/11 1:26 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Congratulations! Yes, there are missteps along the way; there is no getting around the fact that we are definitely human!

I so agree with you--it's totally worth it!!
AnneGG
on 10/6/11 6:27 am
Congratulations!!!

Can you find an indoor pool to swim in over the winter?

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

glzgowlass
on 10/6/11 8:14 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Many congrats.  I hope I'm where you are a year from now.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

deenewme
on 10/18/11 4:45 pm
Congrats! You are doing terrific! I just passed my year anniversary, and can't believe it! It goes by fast and it is WELL WORTH IT!
DEENEWME  
Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine.

Most Active