I have the strangest order

Gloria-Caryl
on 10/8/11 5:00 pm
 I had RNY two months ago and the order is terrible. I don't know if it's my urine or female. Will it go away? Is there something I can take to minimize the smell?
ChristineB
on 10/8/11 9:25 pm - Western 'Burbs Chgo, IL
I was thrown for a loop reading your title and then the post. You might want to update it to odor from order.

The odor might me related to hormones or your body burning off the fat. Sorry, I do not know how to recitify it. You should get some answers and then you can also call your doc office on Monday for help also.

Open RNY May 7
260/155/140 

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 10/8/11 9:27 pm

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Janice B.
on 10/8/11 10:43 pm - Misawa-chi, Japan

It was always interesting to me that one of my friends made the comment that he can always tell when either one of the two officemates he has who had RNY went to the bathroom.  I still don't really get it.

But ketosis may be it or it may be that you aren't getting enough water and your urine smells strong from dehydration.  Otherwise, yes, call the doc if it doesn't go away soon.

Janice

Life is too short to eat vanilla ice cream and dance with boring men.

HW: 305/SW: 289/CW: 129

Liz J.
on 10/8/11 11:54 pm - Woonsocket, RI
I have heard of 2 products out there that reduce body odors [gas,sweat MAYBE urine too].
They are Devrom and Nullo. I do not know if these are good products or if they will help your problem but its worth looking into.
Gloria-Caryl
on 10/9/11 12:31 am
 I"m sorry for the misspelling- it was late and I couldn't sleep. Thanks for the information, I'll look into it.
walterswife
on 10/9/11 6:49 am
I know exactlt what you are talking about.  I am almosy two years out and have been asking myself that question ever since....................No answers.

I will tell you this.  I take Devrom which controls the smell of gas but it doesn't do a thing for what you are talking about.  Check with your surgeon and see what he says.

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

Gloria-Caryl
on 10/9/11 7:03 am
 Oh my gosh!!! I'm going to stink for years??? It's embarressing. I don't have the smelly gas thing so I guess I'll just buy the female wipes . I go see the Dr. tues. I'll find out and let everybody know if there's something to do.
walterswife
on 10/9/11 7:04 am
Bath and Body Works wells room deodorizer in a very small can....a few inches tall.  You can put it in your purse and carry it with you.  It comes in a variety of fragarances.  If you travel by air, you will have to put it in your checked baggage.

Please post and let us know what the doctor says.  Just remember it's not only you. 

HW 240/ SW 229/ GW 146/CW 125; OH Support Group Leader   

Starting size:  18W-20;  Present size: 0 or 2; 5'5-1/2" tall. 
Current BMI 20.4 as of 2/13/2013 (normal for the first time in my life).
Goal weight reached on 8/12/2010; As of 1/13/2013, 21 pounds below goal

hollykim
on 10/9/11 12:33 pm, edited 10/9/11 1:46 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
It is possible you could have a bacterial vaginal infection. This is not the same as a yeast infection. Bacterial yeast infections can have a terrible odor.

Your gyn should be able to check  you and treat it if necessary.
Edited to correct my spelling,yikes!