You know.... I never realized how much a good support system helps

Tazzlover8
on 10/11/11 3:50 am - League City, TX
I had surgery 2 years ago.    And I admit, I have fallen back into some of my old ways.   I thankfully have kept the gain under control and have gained back very little( about 5-10 lbs) of what I lost, but I dont want to gain back ANY of it.  So I have started to go to support groups again.   And while I mostly lurk in here, I have been watching the boards in here a little more too.   But it is amazing the difference in my focus when you have the support structure there.   I think it makes me feel like someone is holding me accountable other than my self.    And I am learning SO much.     

Thank you everyone on here for being there for others.    You have no idea how much I appreciate it.   

Surgery Date 9/16/09
God is Great!!!!     

Libby0218
on 10/11/11 4:02 am - TX
I completely agree with you and am so thankful to everyone for the ideas, suggestions, and accountability!

AnneGG
on 10/11/11 4:22 am
Support is essential for me- right up there with air and water and food and all the good stuff of life! Thanks to all of you!!!

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

Dave Chambers
on 10/11/11 4:29 am - Mira Loma, CA
Support groups are probably the best "helping hand" in your wt loss journey. You learn a lot about post op life from members who had surgery years before.  You'll hear of how bad habits have caused a host of issues. Like not taking vitamins, eating too fast, how to deal with challenges, tips on cooking, new products available, etc.  If you haven't had surgery yet, these groups will give you insight in how to deal with issues post op.  If you've had surgery, GO to these meetings--the meetings are there for help on your wt loss journey or for maintenance support.  I go every month. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

So Blessed!
on 10/11/11 5:46 am

MyLady Heidi
on 10/11/11 5:50 am
I came to realize a few years out that no one cares about the 10lbs I lose or gain or even sees it. To me its the world, to the world it is nothing, so to keep myself where I want to be takes lots of hand holding in the form of accountability, of making sure I don't fail.  I have all sorts of tricks to keep myself on track and to keep caring otherwise its easy to wake up one day with tight clothes and feeling miserable.  Staying connected to OH and where I was is my first line of defense.
Renee2007
on 10/11/11 2:09 pm - Central, FL
 I have noticed that the post-ops who continually hang in here and participate for support seem to do better with regain and complications. We all need that community spirit. Drifiting away and losing focus has been the demise for may a post-ops!

Renee
 My DS   
SW/263  CW/136 GW/150

Most Active