APPROVED AFTER WAITING A YEAR!!!

Guardedly-Hopeful
on 10/11/11 12:20 pm - OR
I have been on this forum for 6 months but I went to my first information night 1  year ago.  It has been quite a journey... I was denied in June.  I appealed in July, and was asked for more information and documentation.  I submitted letters from my pcp and hadn't heard a thing.  I called Blue cross/ Blue shield Federal yesterday and got the ball rolling again.  Today I got the phone call that I had been approved.  I just can hardly believe it!  Now I have to wrap my head around doing this all over again.  Please tell me if any of you have regrets... It is scary and I need words of reassurance.  I am ready for surgery, weight is 7 lbs below what the Surgeon asked for.  All classes have been completed as of the end of May.
  Donna Wood  
Kathleen W.
on 10/11/11 1:02 pm - Lancaster, PA
Kathleen W.
on 10/11/11 1:06 pm - Lancaster, PA
Congradulations on finally getting approved. Would I do it again? In a heart beat. Even with everything I've been through (hernias and an infection), I wouldn't trade this journey in for the world. I'd probably be dead or in a wheel chair by now. My doctors are thrilled by my progress. All my numbers(sugar, cholestral, blood pressure are picture perfect.
I started at 327 and am down to 137/ In clothes, from a 5 XL and a tight 30-32 to a 6-8 and small/medium.
WLS is the best thing you could do for yourself.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

qnmimi
on 10/11/11 1:28 pm - Cottage Grove, MN
Congrats!! I had surgery 9 months ago...and my only regret is not doing this years ago!! I've had an uneventful recovery so far, and feel health & strong. I'm extremely happy with my results so far too (which helps as well)

lily_NEPA
on 10/11/11 2:43 pm - PA
Congrats!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

AnneGG
on 10/11/11 10:12 pm
Congratulations!

I don't regret my RNY surgery at all now that I am in great health, can run 5 miles a day at age 60, and am at goal in a very small size. I wish I had done it sooner, but we do what we do when we do it.

I was scared beforehand, and had some regrets shortly after, but that is common.

What surgery are you having done?

"What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly." Richard Bach

"Support fosters your growth. If you are getting enough of the right support, you will experience a major transformation in yourself. You will discover a sense of empowerment and peace you have never before experienced. You will come to believe you can overcome your challenges and find some joy in this world." Katie Jay

(deactivated member)
on 10/12/11 12:06 am
CONGRATUALTIONS!!! I am so so happy for you!!!
SandieMc49
on 10/12/11 5:27 am
You are so to be applauded for not giving up!

I think the process is scarey for a reason.  It's scarey so we hopefully make sure we go into this educated and very well prepared.

It's scarey, in large part - because most of us only "imagined" life as a thin person.  I'd bet that the majority of us never EVER thought we'd actually get there!  It's scarey because we've all dieted before; lost some only to gain even more back.  And we got discouraged. 

It's scarey because we realize we have to foster a new relationship with our best friend - food!

It's scarey because we don't have answers to the "what if's".  It's scarey because we are putting our life into someone else's hands.

I'm so glad I didn't give into the fear of ALL of the above - the dream of good health and better quality of life was so worth the issues I've experienced with my WLS.

GO FORWARD AND BE AWESOME!

Sandie
B. Bap
on 10/13/11 3:17 am
Congratulations!
I wish I could tell you that fighting for your rights was the worst part. But I am 3 days post op and I am fighting for a comfortable sleeping position. But I would do it all over again.
Congratualtions to you and keep us posted.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1373 views