Holiday's are upon us--R U Ready

RhondaRoo
on 10/14/11 12:30 am - OH
I am sitting here recovering from plastics. Sitting here and watching TV. I just saw an ad that says "we like our candy in October; our Turkey in November . . ." and it has me thinking:

Yes, the last quarter of this year seems to be a food fest. Some of us are just out, and do have portion restriction. Nevertheless, you don't want to waste this opportune time of weight loss with the high carb feast / temptations from October through January 1st.

For those of us that are out a bit, and do need to keep a closer tab on it so not to regain; same thing, Candy, turkey, fruitcake, office parties, social engagements OH MY: all food events with people present.

Seems to me now is the time to make a game plan. Fortunately for me, my family is in agreement. Our home is a safe zone; meaning no "sugar high fat foods" in the house longer than 24 hours. Anything after that it goes in the trash. I work in an office, but it's a one girl office and I do seem to set the standard of what is in it: so hello fruit bowl filled with apples and pears. Hubby, not so easy as it is a daily food party. He'll have to have a plan to stick by. Do you? Whatcha goin to do? pack lunch and watch everyone else, take part once a week? every day? to not have a plan is to fail; set yourself up for success. Have a plan, and know that the plan can be tweaked as you go.

It is good to know that we don't HAVE to gain the dreaded 10 over the holidays.

Also, did you know that cold causes you to be able to eat more. (Wonder why restaurants are kept so cold even in summer?--well cause you're more likely to eat more); all the more reason to keep bundled up.

So; what's your plan?
RhondaRoo 256/235.5/131.8/120.0
Never, Never, Never Give Up  --Winston Churchill

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1086 views