wedding photos...after 240 lb weight loss

rocktheshade
on 10/17/11 3:22 am, edited 10/17/11 3:24 am - Medway, MA
hi all!
I had my surgery back in May 2010.  Since then I have lost a total of 240 pounds.
My new husband proposed to me a month before surgery because he said that he did not want to wait any longer because he didn't want anyone to think that he proposed just because I lost weight.  We had been together 10 years at that point and I had told him not to propose all those years because I did not want to be in a wedding dress in a 400lb body. 

he has been with me through it all.  he never judged me, always supported me.  he is so happy that i am healthy now and am a happier and more active person. i really lucked out, he is an amazing man.
here is one of my "before" photos" taken a month after surgery

We were married 9/24/11.  Here are some photos (non-professional)!!
hope you don't mind alot of pictures!!
the wedding dress turned out amazing...however, i had to have it taken in a total of 27inches!!! and she made the sleeves.  I was so nervous...but LOVE the dress!!!
i still cannot believe that this is now my body.

my gastric bypass saved my life and helped me start living it to the fullest!!!

320 pounds GONE forever!!!

start 455/ current 135

martitalinda
on 10/17/11 3:33 am
 You post brought sooooooooooooooooooo much HAPPINESS AND WARMTH .... what a BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL transformation and what AWESOME LOVELY PICTURES ... ALL OF IT ... ABSOLUTELY LOVELY ... what HAPPY, PEACEFUL, BEAUTIFUL MOMENT ... YOU ALL EXUDE LOVE AND HAPPINESS ... AND YOU BEAUTY MY DEAR BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER...

WISHING YOU LOVE AND HAPPINESS ALWAYS!!!! Thanks for sharing this .. your post touched my heart...

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

rocktheshade
on 10/17/11 7:06 am - Medway, MA
this is so sweet!! thanks so much!  and to let you know...you are a huge inspiration!
Alicia F.
on 10/17/11 3:37 am
RNY on 04/16/12
Absolutely BEAUTIMOUS!!!  Your story along with many others on this board gives me hope for my future in 2012 when I have my life changing surgery.

You look absolutely breathtaking and HAPPY!  Congrats on both your new weight loss journey and your new journey with what sounds like an awesome man. 

rocktheshade
on 10/17/11 7:07 am - Medway, MA
i wish you much success in your journey.  thank you so much!!
TurtleShell
on 10/17/11 3:46 am - WA
You make a beautiful bride! Congrats and have a happy marriage. :)
rocktheshade
on 10/17/11 7:09 am - Medway, MA
rocktheshade
on 10/17/11 7:13 am - Medway, MA
thank you!!!
JodiBoda
on 10/17/11 4:14 am - Butler, PA
I LOVE pics...esp wedding pics!  These are beautiful.  I love your dress, and you look FANTASTIC!  You both look so happy...congratulations!!

Jodi

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."  ~ Helen Keller

rocktheshade
on 10/17/11 7:13 am - Medway, MA
thanks!!!
Most Active