liquid vitamins

PRETTE84
on 10/20/11 3:17 pm - ROSEDALE, NY
Hey OH FAM
Does anyone know where I can get liquid, vitamins,iron, calcium, and b12? please tell me where and wat brands please thank you guys. I'll be waitin for ur response

Dave Chambers
on 10/20/11 3:34 pm - Mira Loma, CA
I happen to use liquid vitamins.  They are normally pricier than pilled, but I prefer these.  The ones I use taste relatively good, compared to many others. My personal website talks about them, as note on my profile page.  Liquid calcium citrate is available in limited flavors, but anyone I've talked to found their taste objectionable.  Sublingual B12 is the only way you can attain B12 levels of 900-1000, as recommended by most of the RNY community.  I would highly recommend the 50K IU dry D3 that vitalady.com has. Either the vitalady brand or Biotech would do the same. Low or deficient D levels are very very common with most post ops. You'll want your D to have labs at 80-90 or sligtly higher. This isn't possible without these higher dosages, and these levels are not toxic.  I'd suggest you start with 4 of the 50K IU dry D3 per week, taking one every other day. Do this for at least a month.  If levels are notably higher than 90, decrease you D3.  I was taking 4 of the 50K per week for over 2 years. My d levels then indicated a 65 on labs. I now take a 50K IU daily in an effort to reach 80 or more. Each patient is different with their body's D levels. You may be able to attain the 80+ D labs on 2 or 3 per week or it may take one daily. I've seem posts stating both scenarios.  That's why you want 2-3 labs the first year if at all possible, and then at least once per year. You vitamins will likely need some increases as you get to 5 years post op.  Good luck.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

loretta cowels
on 10/20/11 7:10 pm - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
not sure if ive been buying right vitimins or not because i havnt had my surgery yet and only been to one diatician appt but been stocking up on vitimins from puritains pride they care all the liquid stuff. and its by to get to free is this the right stuff ???? loretta
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1207 views