2 years post op... Diet suggestions?

Helen B.
on 10/23/11 6:56 am - Lake Placid, FL

Hi my WLS family... Do you guys have any diet recommendations?  What particular programs do you follow?  Any help would greatly be appreciated...

Helen 

Emily F.
on 10/23/11 8:14 am
log your intake on myfitnesspal.com. If I am trying to lose I aim for at least 150g protein and less than 50 carbs. You may choose a different goal but logging it will help.
poet_kelly
on 10/23/11 8:18 am - OH
I think what I do is pretty simple.  I eat six times a day, about one cup of food at a time.  I eat about 70 grams of protein a day, based on the ASMBS suggestion of 1.1 gram protein per kilogram of ideal body weight, which works out to about half a gram per pound.  I limit the starchy carbs like bread and rice, but eat those things sometimes.  I eat pretty  much anything in moderation, but eat mostly healthy stuff.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Helen B.
on 10/23/11 8:43 am - Lake Placid, FL

Thanks...

Helen 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1375 views