Are there bariatric stores in Las vegas area?

catje1977
on 10/24/11 2:51 pm - Raamsdonksveer, Netherlands

Hi guys

I am from the Netherlands and order a LOT of stuff from the US at ridiculous shipping and import costs.

Now in febr I will be coming to Las Vegas for a week (arranged by my husband who wants to remarry his *new* wife awwww) so I would love to stock up on vits, creamy bites, sugrafree goodies and the likes.

Do you guys know of any bariatric store in the las vegas area that I can go to? I do not like to have stuff sent to my hotel because I do not know if it will get there in timke before we leave (we are there 6 days)

any tips are appreciated :-)

Tammy D.
on 10/24/11 3:31 pm
I don't know what a bariatric store is - so I guess we dont have them here.

you can buy vitamins, liquid protein, powder protein at GNC
http://www.gnc.com/storeLocator/index.jsp

vitamins, proteins at VitaminShoppe:
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/content/en/stores/listing.jsp?a ddress=&city=las+vegas&stateProvince=nv&postalCode=&radius=2 0&x=37&y=6

vitamins at drugstores like CVS and some also carry GNC stuff:
http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/store/storefinderresults.jsp?_requ estid=1277573

I am not familiar w/the layout of Las Vegas so have no idea if these are close/far to the hotel areas.

and, you might want to try an OH group in NV to see if they can be of help.
A quicklook turned up this one, there may be others:
http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/lostinpahrump/

good luck!
trafficdonna
on 10/25/11 1:44 am
PAHRUMP IS AN HOUR AWAY FROM LAS VEGAS!   OH group there would not be much help but you can find the rest of us right here!  There are many members in Las Vegas.

it depends on what you are looking for.  I don't use any of those products.  I buy vitamins at grocery stores when they are buy one get one free.  Protein powder is available at Walmart.  You don't have to go to GNC and pay exorbitant prices.  I do buy protein bars (Balance bars) online on ebay.  I have found that being a few months past expiration date does not impact flavor at all and I can usually get them for under 50 cents each that way.

This too will pass, like a kidney stone but it will pass!
Tammy D.
on 10/25/11 2:31 am
I'm not looking for anything.

OP is from another country and wants to buy while visiting here, to not pay import taxes and shipping.  An eBay purchase would not accomplish that for her.
catje1977
on 10/24/11 3:43 pm - Raamsdonksveer, Netherlands

Thanks Tammy, will jot down those tips!

Bariatric store meaning: storeb trhat sells bariatric brands like celebrate vitamins, Bariatric advantage, Calcet Creamy bites (my favourites) etc. Preotein bars and powders...

Dave Chambers
on 10/24/11 3:52 pm - Mira Loma, CA
If you know someone in Las Vegas, why not have them place orders for you?  I know you'll likely have potential customs fees, but you'd save on shipping. AND you'd get a wider variety. I've yet to hear of a "bariatric store" except online. There may be some in certain places though.  We have stores that stock health nutritional supplements, organic foods, etc. that are in a lot of cities, but these are not known as bariatric stores.  OR, if you don't know anyone in Las Vegas, maybe your husband may know someone who'se coming to your celebration? If so, they could order for you and bring to Las Vegas. It's a few months until Feb., so you'd have time to arrange these details, assuming you or your husband have relatives in the US. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

catje1977
on 10/24/11 5:34 pm - Raamsdonksveer, Netherlands

Thanks Dave

That's the thing; that would be ideal to have some stuff sent to someone who lives there, but I do not know anyone in LV, nor does my husband. Celebration wil be just the two of us :-)

Maybe some nice fellow OHer will come forward for this purpose, allthough a bit scary to have stuff sent (and paid for) to someone I do not know. You never know.... ;-)

I do know Pompano beach has a bariatric store (i.e. storehouse for Bariatric eating where goods can be picked up) so that is why I wondered. Sites like BJ's bariatrics etc must have a storehouse where you can pick stuff up.

I do have US friends, but living in Florida :-)

Hey, would it be an idea to have it sent to a postoffice or could I ask the hotel to accept package and hold it for me, or is that a stupid idea?

Dave Chambers
on 10/24/11 10:44 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Are those friends in FL coming to the wedding?  If so, they could bring items to you. If not, I'mm pretty sure they could mail stuff to the hotel for you. Just contact the hotel for exact labelling on packages.  You could then pick upt the packages from the hotel.  I attended an OH function on Costa Mesa a couple of years ago, and I know some people were sending items there for the function.  Just check with the hotel. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

catje1977
on 10/25/11 2:42 am - Raamsdonksveer, Netherlands
noooo they are not coming alas. Just us. Allthough you are most welcome to be my best man :-)

Most Active