5 years later...question?

SheilaG
on 11/13/11 1:59 am
 so, jan of 2012 will start year 6...it has been amazing and I wouldn't change it for the world. Approx 120 or more lbs gone...However...about 2 months ago, my bod started a strange thing...I will feel hunger at the appropriate time, but when I eat, and I mean just about anything, I will immediately feel extremely ill, as if all my blood leaves my legs, hands, face, and rushes to my tummy! This nausea and pain and faintness lasts approx 30-45 min then I feel back to normal...what the heck?! I don't know what to make of it, and getting tired of feeling horrible whenever I put something in my mouth!! Anyone out there have the same experience or care to comment?
Sheila
The views, opinions, and experiences in this post are mine alone. I am not a doctor, nurse, or nutritionist. Read for enjoyment or just input, but follow ANY advice or information you see in this post at your own risk.

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 2:13 am
SheilaG
on 11/13/11 2:31 am
 Thank you for your response...I'm not RNY, but gastric bypass. Hmmm...I haven't heard of this exact word before; is this another word for regular hypoglycemia? That would be strange connected directly to eating reg food; would be very interested to learn more...also interesting is that this feeling I am having is happening after I eat protein as well; example, yesterday I had about one and a half ounces of cheddar cheese at lunch because I was famished (which is also a relatively new feeling), and it did it again; so I'm pretty sure its not dumping, but maybe some weird type of hypoglycemia thing. Believe me when I say that I know better than to eat sweets, especially when I'm hungry!! Lol! Do you have any websites that may address this you would care to share? Thanks again
Sheila
The views, opinions, and experiences in this post are mine alone. I am not a doctor, nurse, or nutritionist. Read for enjoyment or just input, but follow ANY advice or information you see in this post at your own risk.

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 3:38 am
SheilaG
on 11/13/11 4:54 am
 Thank you for the links! I have now read much of them...something that is a little different from what I read is that I am experiencing my discomfort directly after eating, like maybe 10-15 min afterward. I do experience the hypoglycemia if I eat the wrong things, or don't eat regularly, but this directly-after intake is driving me nuts! It's almost as if I'm darned if I do and darned if I don't! Big. Sigh. Oh, well. I really do think you're right about the reactive hypoglycemia after reading those links. Thank you for that, anyway.

Sheila

SheilaG
on 11/13/11 2:55 am
 Oops! Temporary brain fart! Of course I'm RNY! Sorry 'bout that!
Sheila

(deactivated member)
on 11/13/11 12:50 pm - Santa Cruz, CA
I'm about the same amount of time post-op as you are.  I've not heard of this particular problem.

Have you asked your doctor to do an EDG to check to see if your stoma might be closing up, or if
you have an ulcer in that area?   That is the only thing I've heard of that causes that kind of pain.

Best wishes,
SheilaG
on 11/13/11 11:17 pm
Hi Lynn; thanks for this; I have not asked my dr to do an EDG yet; I may have to do this; it is absolutely getting worse as time goes on; really everything else has gone pretty smoothly; thanks again :0)
Sheila

Most Active