therapy pre or post op?

wmubronco03
on 11/12/11 12:22 am - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
 I am looking for some opinion on therapy.  I don't want to get the surgery (VSG) if my own emotional issues are going to push me to over eat and streach it out again.  I was wondering if anyone is seeking thearpy and if they sought it out before or after surgery?
Valerie G.
on 11/12/11 3:44 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
Good for you for thinking this all the way through.  If you know that your problem is emotional eating, then by all means, start getting a hold of it today.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Kathleen W.
on 11/12/11 5:10 am - Lancaster, PA
I would say start working on the emotional  issues now.  It's just that it would make it easier for you after the wls and easier in the long run.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

poet_kelly
on 11/12/11 8:00 am - OH
I was in therapy before surgery and still am.  It's been very, very helpful to me.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Carol S.
on 11/12/11 8:12 am - Milwaukee, WI
On November 12, 2011 at 4:00 PM Pacific Time, poet_kelly wrote:
I was in therapy before surgery and still am.  It's been very, very helpful to me.
 This.  I move every 4 or so years so I get to call in the next few months and find a new therapist where we are going, well, if they will tell us where we are going.  LOL

OP, I am so glad you are being so proactive.
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Elizabeth N.
on 11/12/11 10:20 am, edited 12/31/11 11:44 pm - Burlington County, NJ

Docj
on 11/13/11 9:30 am
Revision on 09/01/88
Put any therapy you go to together with Overeater's Anonymous and you will get a good start prior to having WLS, or you may even find out you won't need to proceed to surgery...
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1421 views