WLS after a C-Section - Question

MadsMommy
on 11/14/11 10:41 pm
VSG on 05/20/13
I'm waiting for my local surgeon's office to call me back regarding a consult, but I was wondering if anyone know's how long after a c-section can you have any type of weight loss surgery?

Thanks!

proudmama13
on 11/14/11 11:20 pm - Bristol, PA
It depends on the surgeon.  It can be anywhere from 8 weeks to a year.  My surgeon says 3-6 months.  I had my son via c-section on September 1st and am scheduled for surgery on the 19th of December.  Good luck!

MadsMommy
on 11/14/11 11:32 pm
VSG on 05/20/13
Thank you for your reply! I had my daughter on Aug 13th...

Are you nervous about having a little one and the recovery time with WLS?

What is the recovery time for the RNY?

proudmama13
on 11/15/11 2:01 am - Bristol, PA
I'm not really nervous.  My doctor said I will be able to lift no more than 20 pounds.  My son was just 12 pounds on November 1, so we should be good there.  I've talked to people with kids who had surgery and they all say pretty much you do what you have to do and you get through it.  I have a couple of people on speed dial who will be there for me if I really get jammed up.  I believe the recovery time for RNY is 2-4 weeks, but don't quote me on that.  What surgery are you thinking of having?

loretta cowels
on 11/15/11 3:09 am - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
my surgery will hopefully be at the bigging of the year ryn. I had a c section 2 years ago and nission funmilication a year ago. im like you ladies scared about the baby and taking care of him but i also know he will help keep me active and my surgeon reashered me that if he jump on me while it will hurt like hell it will not cause a leak or anything lol. hes a very rough boy. Hes about 25 lbs. im so glad to see other women with young kids. Loretta
MadsMommy
on 11/15/11 4:14 am
VSG on 05/20/13
I also have a 2.5yr old - So 2 little ones.. eek..

I really don't know which WLS - I did a bunch of research 2 yrs ago and I was leaning toward the sleeve then.

After I have a consult, hopefully I will find out what insurance will cover etc..

loretta cowels
on 11/15/11 8:51 am - MI
RNY on 04/16/12
what kind of insurence i was wanting the sleeze at first but medacare wont cover it.
Emily F.
on 11/15/11 9:44 am
at least 3 months, but you need to have childcare for your baby while you can't lift. It would be really difficult w an infant. Personally, I couldn't have handled it while my son was under 1 year. He was two when I did it. I can't imagine trying to recover and having to do midnight feeding. That would be awful.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1348 views