.........so what was Dr Roslin up to today hhmmmm?

vervetoloose
on 11/20/11 9:06 am, edited 11/20/11 9:11 am
Mitchell Roslin kicked off Spirit Airlines plane after cabin overheated, son kicked groin of employee

Published: Nov 20, 2011

Mitchell Roslin kicked off Spirit Airlines plane after cabin overheated, son kicked groin of employee. A doctor from New York says he was kicked off a Spirit Airlines plane for asking for water for his pregnant wife.

Mitchell Roslin, the Chief of Obesity Surgery at Manhattan’s Lenox Hill Hospital, says that after being grounded at LaGuardia Airport in a hot plane for two hours, his attempts to ge****er for his 7-month pregnant wife were refused repeatedly.

He told the New York Post that flight attendants told him it was “against corporate policy" to give him water prior to the plane taking off. When he persisted he was asked to leave.

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/strange/article_212390590.shtml?rssfeed

Well he apparently has  a lot of company as many others have been asked to leave the planes they were intending to travel on leading us into this pre-holiday time.......

http://specials.msn.com/a-list/news/kicked-off-the-plane?imageindex=1&cp-searchtext=Kicked%20off%20the%20plane

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/11 9:46 am - San Jose, CA
Interesting - Roslin's wife is pregnant, and they don't mention the age of the son - what do you want to bet he is under 10, maybe younger?  Leaving out that detail is typical forthe rag that reported this, I believe.

I'm guessing Roslin's behavior wasn't exemplary in this, if only because Chiefs of Surgery are known for occasionally having a tendency to forget that they are only Chief when they are in the OR. 

I also can't imagine why neither Roslin nor his wife had a bottle of water with them - I almost ALWAYS have one with me when I get on a plane, because I know I need to sip frequently, and a 7 month pregnant woman should be equally as cautious about staying hydrated.

Nevertheless, the gentility of travel these days has degenerated into being herded like cattle to slaughter, with just about as much consideration, and there is likely NO excuse for not giving water to a pregnant woman while the f'ing plane is sitting on the tarmac.  Two hours on the plane sitting on the tarmac itself is ridiculous.

Hmm, isn't Spirit a discount airline?  Why was the Chief of Surgery flying El Cheapo Air with his family?
vervetoloose
on 11/20/11 9:54 am

I'm guessing Roslin's behavior wasn't exemplary in this, if only because Chiefs of Surgery are known for occasionally having a tendency to forget that they are only Chief when they are in the OR. 

Well that is sure the truth!  I have been non-pregnant and trapped on JetBlue at JFK for 2 hours and would probably have kicked someone for a water also. 

" Oh you who love clear edges more than anything...........watch the edges that blurr."

Emily F.
on 11/20/11 10:39 am
Hmph, my husband would have done the same.
MacMadame
on 11/20/11 11:07 am - Northern, CA
I'm guessing they drank whatever water they brought with them since they were on the hot plane foro two hours.

It's kind of amusing to know the person involved, but I still feel sorry for anyone who is trapped on a plane for hours as it slowly overheats and the airline personnel feed you crap lines about "corporate policy" when you make reasonable requests.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Zee Starrlite
on 11/20/11 2:06 pm
This article is old.  The baby boy is now about a year old.  Don't know why it was republished 2011 .

Good man who has always looked out for and protected me too.

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1348 views