Interested in Low (or Lower) Carb Eating? Atkins?

Whacka Doodle
on 11/28/11 8:17 am
I there!

I'm reviving the Low Carb / Atkins group, which did pretty well for a while there early in the year.  

If you are interested in low or lower carb eating, a high protein way of life, or something of that ilk, please check out the group listed on my signature line.  Lots of good information, and some support.

I dropped the ball there for a while -- A nutritionist recommended that I go "low fat" and replace some of my protein with carbs, and WHAMMO ... I have regained all my losses for the year, dang it.  So I'm back to eating the way that works best for me -- 

Maybe it will be helpful for you, too!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/

Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

Jo 1962
on 11/28/11 2:47 pm, edited 11/28/11 2:49 am - NearHouston, TX
On November 28, 2011 at 4:17 PM Pacific Time, Whacka Doodle wrote:I there!

I'm reviving the Low Carb / Atkins group, which did pretty well for a while there early in the year.

If you are interested in low or lower carb eating, a high protein way of life, or something of that ilk, please check out the group listed on my signature line. Lots of good information, and some support.

I dropped the ball there for a while -- A nutritionist recommended that I go "low fat" and replace some of my protein with carbs, and WHAMMO ... I have regained all my losses for the year, dang it. So I'm back to eating the way that works best for me --

Maybe it will be helpful for you, too!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/

HI
I was successful once on the Atkins Diet many years ago. I don't remember how many pounds I lost because I had to quit the diet after a few months due to dizzy spells. The vertigo went away as soon as I dropped the diet.

Fast forward years later, I realize now how I sabotaged my metabolism. Mind you, I'm no diet expert nor am I trying to tell you whats "best for you". I know you want to go back to what works for you . I can't help but try to share with you what I've recently learned from Jorge Cruise. I've been working out using his "8 minutes a day" plan for the past 3 weeks every day. (I've lost some inches already!) He really has a lot of good nutritional information in his books and a whole section on fad diets- including Atkins. .."why low carb diets make you fat"

"The bottom line is this. Anytime you go on a low carb diet, you start to lost fat-burning lean muscle. Specifically, you erode muscle in three major ways:

A) Low carb diets deplete sugar (glycogen) which is stored in your muscles.
B) Low carb diets flush water out of your muscles.
C) Low carb diets can cause fatigue and/or depression, which leads to a sedentary lifestyle. When you don't move, you lose muscle faster"

I've been on a plateau until just lately....when I added exercise. I am also trying out Jorge Cruise's idea of eating every 3 hours to increase my metabolism. I swear I don't work for the guy! I'm just finding his ideas working for me. He devotes a whole chapter on low carb eating and it really floored me. It also helped me understand why my weight loss efforts were even harder after trying the Atkins diet.

Just trying to help.

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

Most Active