Trying to work out!!!!! What the [email protected]&%*(#&%(@#&!!!!!

Melissa S.
on 12/3/11 10:17 am - Sartell, MN
I am 3 years post op from Gastric bypass. 
I can only walk at 3.5 mph for 35 min. Once I hit 40 mins...I feel like I will pass out!!!
I drink  water (6 cups) and it helps...but not enough.
I have enough protien...I have low blood sugar and I have tested that and it is fine....at 90....
thought it was in my head and my timer and clocks are covered....and my body gets in trouble before I know the time....what the hell is happening with me?!?!?!?
I love my work out time...!!!
It is peaceful!!!!  

Melissa

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/11 11:14 am - Santa Cruz, CA
Sounds like something you need to ask your PCP.  It's hard to diagnose something that
is so evanescent over the web.

Hope you get to the bottom of this problem quickly!
acbbrown
on 12/3/11 12:48 pm - Granada Hills, CA
How's your nutrition? What are you eating, when, and how much? I have to eat a nice carby snack before working out or I'll feel pretty fatigued after 30 min

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Carol S.
on 12/3/11 10:36 pm - Milwaukee, WI
 I ran into that.  So frustrating.  I agree with a little carby snack.  I actully eat yogurt (non fat and one that is 60 calories with just enough carbs).  I did have them check out the lungs and heart before I went on about my quest just to make sure.  It was a mini physical at the local clinic (I didn't even have them bill my insurance-the $35 cash was a welcome amount of $$ for an NP to listen to my heart and lungs LOL)
Carol

SW/276 CW 150 GW 185

9 Years out.

Emily F.
on 12/4/11 12:07 am
How much is enough protein? I drink 150g protein a day in shakes otherwise I feel faint. I think most woman don't get enough. Also you need carbs to work out. Like a banana or pb toast before hand.
prdurham
on 12/4/11 12:15 am - Durham, NC
Good morning Melissa,

I  just wanted to say congrats on exercising.  Wow, the hard work you must have put in to make it "peaceful".   That will indeed be my prayer that one day I will know what that feels like.  As I'm sure you know slow and steady wins the race.  Keep up the good work.  I do hope that you will feel peaceful again during your workout time.  You've worked waaaay too hard to be robbed.  Take Care,  Pam
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 12:50 am - Califreakinfornia , CA
I always eat a 1/2 a piece of toast with peanut butter on it right before I go to the gym, otherwise I'm laying on the floor and telling them not to call for an ambulance or I will kill them once I'm back on my feet.
Melissa S.
on 12/4/11 2:25 am - Sartell, MN
Thank you all for posting! ~ 
I will try the carb snack before hand to see if that helps!!!
I will also try to up the protien again to see if that is what it is?!
Frustrating! ~ 

Melissa

z85sparty
on 12/4/11 3:00 am - Mason, MI
Running (or walking) is something really requires a lot of "knowledge" about how your body works and burns energy while doing it.

It you're body is crashing and burning 30 minutes into your workout it could be one or more of a few issues:  1) You aren't fueling your body properly throughout the day in order to prepare it for the workout; 2) you aren't fueling your body properly immediately before you workout; or 3) you haven't built your cardio strenght up enough yet. 

I can tell you for starters 6 cups of water is not NEAR enough!  When running (or walking) you are basically tearing your muscles apart and they are putting out acid into your body.  You MUST hydrate your body properly in order for your muscles to have the ability to help repair themselves after your work, and work to rid the acid out of your system while working out.  If you do not begin to hydrate yourself better you are going to run into some major issues like calf cramping, etc.  

I would also suggest that you have a light carb based snack about 30-45 minutes before you work out.  Whole Wheat Bagel Thin with Peanut Butter and a half a Banana is one of my go to snacks prior to running, and when I am running a half marathon, marathon, or doing one of my triathlons I will have a normal bagel with almost a 1/2 cup of peanut butter and 2 bananas.

If you begin to workout longer than 30 minutes, you MUST hydrate yourself WHILE working out.  It doesn't matter what else you do throughout the day or your workout, if you are not drinking enough fluids nothing will work right!!!  (I drink over 120 ounces of water every day in order to ensure I am drinking enough fluids for my workouts.  I do this all year long, even during the winter when I am in base maintaince mood and not racing!) 

If you begin to workout longer than 60 minutes, you might want to think about learning about how to effectively supplement during your workout.  When I run over an hour, I always have to take Shot Blocks, Sport Beans or something that has the electroylites in it that you need to help your body get through the workout.  

My first suggestions would be 1) pre-workout snack and 2) hydrate during the workout and see how that does.  Good luck!!!! 

So thankful for my DS! 1/20/2012 - SW 290/CW 155 - 1 year to lose, 1.5 years and counting maintaining! 

A Run With Meghan (My Running Blog)

My First Half Marathon: Fort For Fitness (9/24/2011): 2:22:58
My Frist Marathon: Marine Corps (10/30/2011):
 5:39:59
My First Sprint Triathlon: Trek Series (8/7/2011): 1:55:18