blood sugar

Anita Jo
on 12/4/11 8:40 am - Elmira, NY
 my blood sugar is at 58 right now. i am eating light and fit yogurt is that enough to raise it?

Judi J.
on 12/4/11 8:50 am - MN
I'm no expert but the sugar in the yogurt might not raise it for long and you don't want to crash again.

Most people combine things like peanut butter and a cracker or peanut butter and an apple.

My husband is stubborn. when this happens to him he only eats protein and it takes him longer to feel better
Anita Jo
on 12/4/11 8:55 am - Elmira, NY
 ok. ty i will go get some peanut butter and crackers.i get so confused on what to eat when this happens. 
Judi J.
on 12/4/11 8:57 am - MN
something about the combo of carbs and fat supposedely helps it keep your blood sugar up longer. I've only had it happen a few times and it is no fun.

I hope you feel better soon!
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/11 9:32 am - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13
If you want a quick reaction, eat a COUPLE bites of mashed potatoes with the yogurt or some protein.  Just limit it to a couple so you don't get a bounce effect.
Linda_S
on 12/4/11 3:42 pm - Eugene, OR
 Light n Fit is barely yogurt (check those ingredients, most of them are not normal words in our vocabulary).  You should have something that is more of a real food, like a fruit with some cheese or peanut butter.  There are good food options in low calorie foods.

Success supposes endeavor. - Jane Austen

Anita Jo
on 12/4/11 9:44 pm - Elmira, NY
 i thought light and fit yogurt was good for us. 
Linda_S
on 12/5/11 12:08 am - Eugene, OR
 It's something that fits in the parameters of allowable fats and sugars, but if you read the list of ingredients, does that really sound like something you want to put in your body?  The yogurt I buy is milk and yogurt cultures.  That's it -- no chemical coloring, no thickeners or smoothers, etc.  As you get older, it's really important that you not add all this junk to your system.  If you want yogurt, you should buy yogurt, not chemical soup.

Anita Jo
on 12/5/11 12:37 am - Elmira, NY
 sometimes i buy greek yogurt. i have also bought faye yogurt. cant spell it. sugar dropped in the middle of the night to 49. i see the dietetic dr on the 8th.
Linda_S
on 12/5/11 12:53 am - Eugene, OR
 Seeing a dietician is a good idea.  You most likely have reactive hypoglycemia.  I have it too - very badly.  I've had blood sugar as low as 23.  I'm lucky I was still conscious.

Most Active