Gummie Vitamins- D, Calcium, and B

Shana16
on 12/11/11 4:33 pm - Las Vegas, NV
I do take 3 Celebrate Vitamins. I also take a Gummie Fiber (love them) are sugar free. I just found out that they also have Vit D 2000 IU, B and Calcium as tricalcium phosphate 500mg. The sugar is about 2-7 in each carbs are 2-3. Right now I am taking pills but would love to just take all gummies (but the multi vita will stick with the pills) Any good brands out there? I like the Vitafusion Weight Loss Fiber Sugar Free.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

Dave Chambers
on 12/11/11 9:27 pm - Mira Loma, CA
You may have to adjust you vitamin regimine when you get labs.  Vitamin D issues are very common with wt loss patients. A dry D3 vitamin is absorbed far better than standard D, which is a D2.  2000IU of D, even a D3 may not be near enough.  Data seems to indicate that D levels of 80-1000 ngol on labs are best for maximum calcium absorption and a host of other health benefits.  Calcium citrate is generally the best absorbed form of calcium. Many advertising campaigns today target towards the general public are saying this too, not just for people with wt loss surgeries.  Sublingual B12 is a cheap form of B12 to get your levels up.  Typically, levels of 900-1000 on B12 labs is considered best.  It's recommended that most women take an iron supplement too. Iron in any vitamin is generally not enough to work well. A seperate iron supplement, calcium citrate supplement, dry D3 supplement, sublingual B12 are generally considered normal supplments IN ADDITION to your daily 2x RDA levels of vitamins.  DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/12/11 12:41 am
just say "NO" to Gummies. Most of them are pretty worthless for us. 
We need Calcium Citrate, and as Dave said - we need dry D3 not just any D3.

I am 3+ years post op and I take 50,000 UI dry D3 2-3 times a week.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

M M
on 12/12/11 3:48 am
Fiber Gummies are sugar alcohol candy --

Polydextrose, Xylitol, Gelatin, Natural Flavors, Maleic Acid, Colors (black carrot juice extract, Carrot (Daucus Carota) Juice, Blueberry (Vaccinium Corymbosum) Juice, Annatto Extract (Color), Sucralose, Fractionated Coconut Oil, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera)
Shana16
on 12/12/11 4:09 pm - Las Vegas, NV
Thanks for answering. 
@MM I never read what was in them. I will read them  from now on.
@ Dave I never heard of Dry D3. Were do you get it?
@ Hala the pills are so BIG was looking for something smaller.
 LIVE HOPE DREAM

Shana

Most Active