HELLO OH PTB:

Nic M
on 12/15/11 2:04 pm
SERIOUSLY?! 

That's insane.

Avoid kemmerling, Green Bay, WI

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/11 11:19 pm - Woodbridge, VA
I have never participated on another forum where they didn't at least leave a trace of the thread to show that it had been deleted. Otherwise, you've got people potentially LOOKING for it and not being able to find it, which only adds to the frustration.
Elizabeth N.
on 12/15/11 7:16 am - Burlington County, NJ
Not to mention that it adds to the PERCEPTION that matters are being handled in an underhanded way.

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 12/14/11 11:50 pm
with emphasis on the "helpful"

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

LeaAnn
on 12/15/11 1:42 am - Huntsville, AL
gmdelacruz09
on 12/15/11 6:23 am
(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 10:30 am, edited 12/15/11 10:30 am - Bayonne, NJ
This site has become a farce. People who give solid, valid advice get banned, while people who spam off-topic nonsense are allowed to tra-la-la their way through thread after thread, essentially offering nothing but vacuous posts which do nothing to help the community.

No, instead we have a site where negative reviews of doctors are pulled, but OH denies it.
We have a site where people are allowed to spam up slow but necessary boards (like the revision board) with post after post of religious crap.
We have a site where people who try to get things changed for the better get thrown out.
We have a site where misinformation about some surgical types are perpetuated by the management.
We have a site where the moderators don't represent the community as a whole, and as such play favorites.

As more and more people migrate over to the social networking sites, boards like this will continue to decline in popularity. Board code is ancient and weak, the advertising slows it down considerably because it isn't inserted/coded correctly, and it is apparent that no one is watching the back door. My virus filters are always sounding alarms when I visit OH.

I'm finding it harder and harder to justify coming back to this place. I've been a member since 02, and I was extremely grateful for the help I received when I needed to research revision choices. Too bad more people won't be able to receive helpful information, as more veteran member migrate away due to the way this board is run.

I know OH doesn't give a rat's ass, because if they did, these problems wouldn't exist. What's especially hilarious is that there's so much ridiculous behind-the-scenes backbiting going on. Come on, OH PTB, do you really think you're that important? It's like Sayre's law: "In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake."  Get over yourselves, start listening to the real membership, and perhaps your revenue-generating hits would go up.

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/11 10:59 am

I You!!
Most Active