WOW, It is getting OLD

JAADE
on 12/22/11 11:47 am
RNY on 01/31/12
Truly, I hate the fact that someone was booted because of another social network, I hate censorship, I agreed with EVERYTHING "that side" was saying. I have learned soooo much from Diana, Elizabeth, and Batt. I value your knowledge greatly. BUT I am so over it... Every post on here gets hijacked by the same conversation over and over.

I know I will take crap for this post. I know I will. I do not want to block anyone, nor will I. I have never been bothered to the point of making anyone vanish. However, I think we all know the situation now--or well enough...

This board sucks right now. It was my favorite forum and I learned so much, but as a newbie it makes me want to run. Then is it not defeating the purpose if you cannot give your message about surgery options if you scare us all away?

I have a surgery in hopefully less than a month and didn't come here for this. Did you originally come here for debates on who is the meanest, who calls names, and who likes who and who hates who?

I know I can come across as a Pollyanna. I do like rainbows. I do like unicorns. I do like puppies, cotton candy, chick flicks, pink, and roses. I also like truth, honesty and in your face personalities. This post was not to get things going again, but maybe...just maybe to think of some of us that don't care about the politics but have fears, excitement, nervousness, etc about the upcoming events in their lives. (Like so many have pointed out---a life changing--life threatening event.)

HennaGoddess
on 12/22/11 11:55 am - NH
VSG on 02/27/12
Agreed:)

I have my surgery in Feb. I am full of jitters. I want to be sooo prepared but at the same time I keep telling myself that there are some things I can't prepare for.

I already have a stash of 'after' items. Magazines, protein, good walking shoes...lol

"I walk with the Goddess, She is the spark that lights my way"-Kellianna

Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/22/11 7:06 pm - Burleson, TX

HG-so glad you are getting prepared, for Feb, but-may I make a suggestion?

To help make for a smoother surgery experience, and pave the way for a great "habit", how about not stashing those good walking shoes, but going ahead and using them NOW? Just a short walk-up and down the street-can help build up your lungs-helping your body handle anesthesia better.

Exercise was something I just would NOT do, regularly, for so many years. Please do  not be like I was. Learn EARLY that it is as important as protein and fluids (once you're cleared by your doc, after you are post op, of course)

I DO know how excited you about your upcoming WLS-and am excited FOR you!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

HennaGoddess
on 12/23/11 3:55 pm - NH
VSG on 02/27/12
My post did sound a bit misleading-sorry for that. I didn't mean it to say that I have the shoes waiting for me till surgery. I actually am VERY active. It's the reason I am not much much bigger than I am. I have trouble with restriction but I have never had trouble with working out.

I am a Certified Scuba Diver, I was a wrestler all through HS(only girl too!), I walk about 1.5 miles 4-5x per week, I also belly dance and I weight train 2-3x per week. I LOVE to be active, I take the stairs everywhere and I go dancing whenever I can. But I will say that I am lucky, I got GREAT genes from my parents that so far has kept me from having any back or knee problems. I am sooo lucky, I know that luck won't last which is a big part of getting the surgery now.

However you did hit on something I DO need to work on big time and that is fluids, and the right kind of fluids. I am a diet soda drinker(never full cal always diet) and I drink very little water. I have been trying to cut back and drink more water, it is SOOOO hard. Any suggestions vets???? How do you give up the soda and get more water??

glzgowlass
on 12/22/11 11:49 pm - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Do walk now like Gina says.  I felt so unfit, I didn't exert myself before surgery and I regret that.  I was really rough afterwards and I'm sure if I had just done some basic excercise I would have been much better in recovery.

Walking can make a surprsing difference in your fit levels.  I was on a treadmill the first day sweating and exerting with my heart rate up high and as quickly as the second day I could see improvement in my exertion and my heartrate was lower.  It happens quite quickly.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

JAADE
on 12/22/11 11:58 am
RNY on 01/31/12
I have my Magic Bullet, shoes and 3000 workout dvds that I have had collecting dust!

I am waiting for my surgery date but hopefully in January. It can not come soon enough. I am tired of living in sweats and have every size jean on the way down!
HennaGoddess
on 12/22/11 12:14 pm - NH
VSG on 02/27/12
I know the feeling! I have a whole wardrobe of decreasing sized clothes from all the times I have 'lost' the weight. lol. I should go through it though, I wonder if most of it is still in style,lol!

aronsmom
on 12/22/11 10:41 pm - Des Moines, WA
On December 22, 2011 at 7:58 PM Pacific Time, JAADE wrote:
I have my Magic Bullet, shoes and 3000 workout dvds that I have had collecting dust!

I am waiting for my surgery date but hopefully in January. It can not come soon enough. I am tired of living in sweats and have every size jean on the way down!
I'm not judging here, but you have 3,000 workout DVDs? That's quite the collection!
JAADE
on 12/22/11 10:59 pm
RNY on 01/31/12
Oh sorry...I forget you all do not know me...When I say 3000, it means about 10-20. ;)
aronsmom
on 12/22/11 11:18 pm - Des Moines, WA
On December 23, 2011 at 6:59 AM Pacific Time, JAADE wrote:
Oh sorry...I forget you all do not know me...When I say 3000, it means about 10-20. ;)
 Ok, then I can relate.
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1318 views