ever feel like u don't belong no more?

Liz C.
on 12/27/11 10:42 am - DE

I am almost 2yrs out and I just get this odd feeling like I don't belong no more... meaning in my surroundings now... with where I am, the people, my job.. just everything!  Apparently I'm difficult at times and cause arguments.. i don't know... maybe it is me and I need some medication or something.... Yeah I feel down at times but i don't know... I am happy with me but could be happier...

Starting weight from 8/7/09- pre op and post op!

RNY Surgery on 2/22/10- weightloss post op! 

Yehuda G.
on 12/27/11 11:07 am
I went through very rapid wl. I lost 260+ pounds in 12 months. I felt like a social retard at that point. It has taken some time for being thin to feel natural and to feel like I fit in. Give it some time.

Yehuda G.
on 12/27/11 11:11 am
When I say social retard, I mean that I felt kind of like I had to relearn how to live in a thin body. I was huge my whole life, so it didn't feel normal to be thin.
Valerie G.
on 12/27/11 11:45 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
As a MO woman, I was quite the pushover, having what I called ADD as in "Acquired Doormat Disorder".  After I lost weight, I did change.  I wanted people to like me, so I never refused any request, no matter how bogged down I was at work or home or whatever.  I lived to please.  

Now when I lost weight, something indeed shifted.   I said no when I didn't really want to do something.  When something aggrevated me, I said something about it instead of internalizing it.  This was difficult for some to deal with, but the rest experienced a new found respect they had for me.   If you're identifying with this, do yourself a self-check and make sure that you're being assertive, and not a *****  There's a difference, but it's an adjustment for others around you either way. 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Lannae
on 12/27/11 12:43 pm - Canada
so sorry you are experiencing this....fat or skinny we all go through something like this, we all want to feel excepted, but maybe you have found a voice that they are not ready to hear..it is an adjustment for all, but...you keep your voice! as long as you do things for good, then never feel bad. I am making one step closer to a surgery, I need to find my voice as well.. :)
(deactivated member)
on 12/27/11 5:20 pm, edited 12/27/11 5:24 pm
Aquired Doormat Disorder good one Valerie !

I definitely was a fellow ADD sufferer ... and have learned to say no and even ****asionally ) to ask for what I want and need post op ... but yes its a learning curve asking the right WAY ...

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/11 9:56 pm - Rushville, NY
I gotta say Val, I love the self-diagnosis of Acquired Doormat Disorder.  That's been a problem of mine all my life too.  I'm only recently post op, and have started to change some too, giving a little push back.  It weirds my husband out sometimes and I have already lost at least one friend, but like you said it seems to gain respect from others.  I'm going to embrace the change no matter how uncomfortable it is!  I think in the long run life will be easier NOT being a doormat. 
Valerie G.
on 12/28/11 12:15 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
The "users" will be first to resent the "new you"....then others will start to see your real value besides the person who once made them feel thin..

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

(deactivated member)
on 12/27/11 1:17 pm - FL
Well don't you worry my dear , it's not very much late you can still have the time to get fit and lose your pounds of weight , just strart your dieting with workout I hope you will definitely get rid of this
Paula R.
on 12/27/11 1:26 pm - Portland, OR
You have gone through a lot of changes in the past 2 years.  Maybe everything is just catching up with you and you are having a tough time handling it all at once?   I know I started to grow very resentful of people in general about 2 years out from my surgery.  I still felt like the same person as always, but society in general seemed to treat me nicer than they did when I was SMO.  Logically I know that they didnt know what I had gone through and all the weight I had lost.  But emotionally, it pissed me off that even though I was who I always was...it didnt seem like I was appreciated back then like I was post-surgery.  In all honesty, it wasnt the peoples' fault or anything.  But it still pissed me off just the same.

Do you maybe have a support group or someone as far as a therapist goes that you can talk to to maybe help you get through this rough patch?  It might help.
My signature is in the witness protection program

Most Active