"Carlos Mencia -- Comedy Is Harder When You Lose the Fat"?

Whacka Doodle
on 12/28/11 6:14 am
Is comedy less funny when the comedian is not fat?

www.tmz.com/2011/12/27/carlos-mencia-skinny-midget-little-person/
Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

Jackie McGee
on 12/28/11 7:10 am - PA
I have to imagine that if your name is Carlos Mencia, comedy is always going to be hard, fat or not.

Proud mama of Mischa and Gabriel, both born post-op.

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 7:46 am
He's got a point..Belushi and John Candy lost their lives due to addiction. Ralphie May and Gabriel Iglesiasare very  funny but heading for a stroke. A lot of fat people use stand up comedy as an outlet for their unhappyness. So many have had horrible childhoods.

Carlos Mencia rocks, he is so politically incorrect, it is awsome. A refreshing change from all the fluff that surounds us.

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=7277 9
glzgowlass
on 12/28/11 7:51 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
My favorite comedian is Gabriel "I'm not fat, I'm fluffy" Iglesias.  His size is a big part of his show, but he would be funny either way.

There are some pretty funny "thin" comedian's so Mencia is just making excuses for his dying career.  Besides, look at Larry the cable guy.  He's fat and NOT funny at all.

HW: 218, SW: 204, CW: 139 GW: 112-119

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 7:59 am
Larry is a southern thing....Fluffy is funny..Would his chocolate cake jokes be funny is he wasn't fat? I thing a lot of them become stand ups beer because they are fat. You know like the "fat sidekick". I thing that is the way to deal with their misery. Christopher Titus, is funny and skinny, and he shares his miserable childhood and makes it funny..His way of coping.
I think if fat comedians weren't fat, they probable wouldn't be comedians

glzgowlass
on 12/28/11 9:07 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
It's not just the southern thing with Larry because I like the other blue collar guys like Ron White. 
Fluffy isn't just funny, he is a comedic God!  I love that guy.  HIs chocolate cake jokes wouldn't be so funny  but he does a lot of non-fat jokes that are so funny they make me cry!  He does need to lose some weight though because otherwise his weight will catch up with him eventually

Titus is funny too.  I was trying to think of his name earlier in my last post.  He was definitaly working throgh some stuff in his act after his divorce.  I've heard Jeff Dunham do the same.

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 9:56 am
What about Ralphie May? The funniest Blue collar guy to me is Bill Engvall...The one where he landed in the boonies and his plane hit a deer and his wife said...oh my god, where you on the ground ??..you can't make that stuff up
glzgowlass
on 12/28/11 11:13 am - VA
RNY on 09/14/11 with
Engvall is good too, but I have a soft spot for the "tater" and his dog, Sluggo.  He kind of reminds me of one of my father's-in-law.  Don't know Ralphie May.

(deactivated member)
on 12/28/11 11:18 am
It's on CMT right now...Put him on the phone, I'll talk to Sluggo :)
PlanetJanet
on 12/28/11 9:33 am
Carlos looks good!

But... um... no, Carlos isn't less funny due to losing weight.  He is well known in the comedy world for stealing a large percent of his material from other comedians.  Not cool. 

Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1330 views