hair loss

lucybecominglucy
on 1/1/12 9:36 am
 i had my surgery aug 18 and my hair is falling is it going to stop eventually the only thing wrong with my labs was my vit D i am currently taking it along with my other supplements 
MsBatt
on 1/1/12 10:06 am
Go to Google and research 'telogen efflusion'. It'll tell yoou all about post-surgical hair loss, and far better than I can!

I did lose hair starting about 90 days after my DS, but it all grew back, plus some. Same thing happened when I had a hernia repair.

roseselene
on 1/1/12 12:11 pm
Thanks for the info MsBatt.  I have lost so much hair its really starting to drive me crazy.  At first I figured...oh well, this is part of the deal, but now I'm not so sure.
Interesting reading.  Heres the correct spelling that led me to some good websites

Telogen Effluvium Hair Loss

Amy
CW: 255 SW: 234 

true2me.2011
on 1/1/12 11:39 am - OH
I know just what you mean about the hair loss. my hair has always been my crown of glory. every week I go to get my hair done it falls out. I do not know whether I should weave or just go ahead and cut it off.

tell me it is just to say that but is still a hard thing to go through. I guess I am just thankful it is not falling out at the root.

Valerie G.
on 1/2/12 1:35 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
It's going to continue for another couple months regardless of what vitamins or expensive shampoos you get suckered into.  What IS worthwhile right now is a makeover.  Get something layered that will help blend in that new growth about to emerge.  Some highlights might help blend it in, too, and with as much as you're accomplishing for yourself right now, you deserve it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active