2 med. Onions chopped
4 garlic cloves minced
2 (4 oz) cans chopped mild green chilies
2 T ground cumin
1 tsp. oregano
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
3 16 oz cans great northern beans
6 cups chicken stock or 3 14 oz cans chicken broth
2 cups Monterey jack cheese (make sure to have a little extra to top each bowl)
Salt and pepper to taste

Put boneless skinless chicken breast in a large pot fill 3/4 of the way with water. Boil chicken until done. 

Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onions sauté 5 minutes; add garlic, chilies, oregano, cayenne pepper and cumin and sauté for 2 minutes.

Take chicken out of pot and sit aside to cool. Add the ingredients you sauteed to the pot of water. Add beans and Monterey jack cheese and bring to a boil. 

Shred chicken into small pieces with a fork and add to pot. 

Reduce heat to simmer.

Salt and pepper to taste. 

Top with extra Monterey jack cheese. 

For a picture feel free to visit my blog. 

Enjoy!!

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

Barb H.
on 1/3/12 2:31 am - Kailua-Kona, HI
Revision on 01/25/12
This sounds so good! Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Lap band 03/09; revised to RNY 01/12
Read about my journey at www.journeyofafatwoman.wordpress.com

ga_ginger_10
on 1/4/12 10:54 pm - Atlanta, GA
 You are welcome enjoy!!!

Ginger

Open RNY 3/27/01  400 lbs - 170lb.  Please visit my blog at www.gingerrock.blogspot.comYou can also find me on facebook www.facebook.com/GingerRock and Twitter www.twitter.com/GingerRock 
~Ginger~ 

Matt2011
on 1/4/12 12:39 am - Moorhead, MN
 This sounds delicious, I'll have to write it down for future use. Thanks. 

“Victory is won not in miles but in inches. Win a little now, hold your ground, and later, win a little more.?   Louis L'Amour quote  

ga_ginger_10
on 1/4/12 10:55 pm - Atlanta, GA
 It is really good...in the winter months I make it and freeze in individual contains so I can have it later.  

Enjoy!

Ginger

~Ginger~ 

KathyA999
on 1/4/12 9:50 am
This is THE BEST chili.  Exactly the recipe I use, not sure where I found it.  I use the Costco pre-cooked chicken strips, chop them about half-inch size, and add them last, just to heat thru.  Couldn't be easier!  (I also double up on the cumin and cayenne.)

Height 5' 7"   High Wt 268 / Consult Wt 246 / Surgery Wt 241 / Goal Wt 150 / Happy place 135-137 / Current Wt 143
Tracker starts at consult weight       

In maintenance since December 2011.

ga_ginger_10
on 1/4/12 10:54 pm - Atlanta, GA
 I also add hot sauce...but I like it spicy!!!;-D

Take care, 

Ginger

~Ginger~ 

sedonagirl67
on 1/4/12 11:28 pm - Gilbert, AZ

It’s a little bit of prep work but it makes a lot and everyone seems to love it! It’s a “white" chili vs the usual “red" one. I keep the spicy stuff to a minimum but you can always add more hot sauce and red pepper flakes to individual servings (for those that like it spicy hot.)

Crockpot White Chili:

Chicken Breasts (I use about 6 large ones) – grind it up in a food processor or chop up in small pieces (shortcut would be to use about 2 or 3 large cans of cooked chicken from Sam’s Club or Costco)

2 – 3 large onions – chopped fine

3 -4 stalks celery – chopped fine

2 – 3 carrots – peeled and chopped fine

4 – 5 cans of Great Northern beans

1 Large Can Cream of Chicken Soup (can use 4 cups of chicken broth for a lighter version)

2 - 4 cups chicken broth

Chili powder (to taste)(optional)

Hot Sauce (to taste) (optional)

Red Pepper Flakes (to taste) (optional)

1 TBS Cumin powder

1 ½ tsp Coriander powder

1 tsp Garlic powder (optional)

1 TBS honey

Salt & Pepper to taste

Combine ground chicken, onion, celery, carrots, and beans in a greased crockpot, then add canned soup, chicken broth, seasonings, and honey.  While you can saute your chicken in a separate pan with a little oil and the seasonings, I have found it works just as well to put it all in the crockpot, provided that every hour or so, you will have to stir and the chicken pieces will want to stick together and you have to break them apart a little; the longer it cooks, the less you need to do this step.

I recommend 8 hours on low setting or 4 hours on high setting to make sure the chicken and veggies are cooked well before serving.  Some members of my family like to throw some shredded Colby-Jack cheese on top (which also gives you more protein.)

Laurie  

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle."  TH Thompson & John Watson

ga_ginger_10
on 1/4/12 11:33 pm - Atlanta, GA
 Sounds good I will have to try it!!

Have a great day!

Ginger

~Ginger~ 

mtnwoman04
on 1/5/12 10:23 am - Blairsville, GA
Thanks for sharing receipe sounds very good I am going to try it.  Have a great weekend and a very Happy New Year

Patsy
Most Active
Slim For the Summer (2024)
Melaya · 0 replies · 1322 views